Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How do I stop my roof leaking in heavy rain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think you are on the wrong forum.

You probably need a roofing contractor. If you want to DIY, you'll need to figure out where, exactly, the leak is coming from, and then search for videos on how to repair that specific part of the roof and go from there. So, you'll have to go into your attic when it's raining and find the trickle. Identify the component that isn't working (for example- a chimney flashing, a pipe flashing, etc.) and then ask. No one is going to magically know which of the hundred things that could be wrong you are dealing with.

Or maybe it is a related question and you want a laser that can rapid-fire shoot down rain droplets before they hit your house?

julianthedragon

You're going to want to buy 20 laser diodes to set up in a 10x10 grid on your ceiling. Then hook up sensors that are triggered when something passes through the beam. That way the next time it rains you will be able to see the exact place on your coordinate grid that the water is coming through, so you know what part of the roof to patch up👍 Use more diodes for higher accuracy

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I would recommend ostrich egg heavy artillery. 155mm heavy howitzers with special egg sabot. Firing century ostrich eggs for maximum roof cratering or rotten for intense odor to detect the leak location.

Commander J. Bloodmaker

How do I stop my roof leaking in heavy rain?
Tack a big tarp over the area affected until you can get a roofer to repair it. If you can do it, you climb up there and find where it's coming from and replace the shingles or roofing there. Roof tar can help seal smaller holes, and for use along edges, valleys and flashing.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Status
Not open for further replies.