Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How disassembly SD Laser 303 ?

sloper

Hello,

I bought "SD Laser 303" almost a month and was working great.
Now, the last time that happens 5 times when I turn it on twice do not power on, but when I make switch a little moving around left and right, to press harder laser is powering on. I realized it was a wrong swicher on laser. Or is dirty or bad contact.

Does anyone know how to disassemble this laser and get switcher to chek in ?

Hmm I have this same host in 405nm and I have the same problem with mine as you do with yours so yeah anyone know how to get at the driver?

jimdt7

Pics would help.
Do you see any threads or parts on the host, maybe underneath a sticker.

Jim

honeyx

You have to knock out the aluminiumring where the brass module is fitted out of the housing.

sloper

Yes, I know it, but how ?

Which is a procedure that would not destroy the laser module ?

honeyx

Well how about that the head screws right off! Thanks!
The head is just a piece of aluminium but the module sits in a aluminium ring that is pressfitted into the buttom of the host.

I have a very simmilar host where I replaced the module with a 220mW one.

First you have to remove the foam sitting on the spring. Then you can see the driver behind it and the ring at the buttom. You have to use some piece of metal that is long enough and fits between the host and the driver. Then you have to knock on it a bit and do the same on the other side so the ring slowly comes out and does not cant.

That´s the simple part as the module itself is pressfitted too into the ring. I first added some oil and heated the ring a bit up to get it off of the module.

Afterwards I made the hole in the ring a bit larger so the new module easyly fits into it. Made a hole for a screw into it and fixed the new module with the screw.

Finally assembled all back together, but first I made the button to work more soften but with some resistance. Added some heatsinking to the transistor and the resistor of the driver and made the driver to sit more stable by using some two combound epoxy.

sloper

I understand that you have explained the procedure completely.
I am formerly a laser also tried to disassemble but never refused to work and I fear that this time does not go the same way. The problem is that it must hard knocking on module because the house and module very firmly seated and I fear that by knocking vibration can damage electronics and crystal of laser

Last edited:

honeyx

You don´t have to knock on the module but the piece of metal that is touching the aluminiumring. You can also add a drop of oil between the ring and the host so it will be easier to get it out.

So if you will do it carefully and take your time, the whole procedure will be quite safe.

The module that was previously in my host is still in use. Just in a smaller host.

sloper

I would ask to explain me that aluminum ring you mean ... can you show me on picture where is ?

honeyx

Here it is:
34xknbb.jpg

In the middle the golden looking brass module surrounded by the silver looking aluminium ring that is pressfitted into the housing.