Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How can I make this 100mW blue-violet laser burn?

norbyx

Well first of all it is not focusable, so not easy to get it to burn on that type of host.
Second it is not a proven 100mw laser unless you test it on a LPM and actually see it give you 100mw. Might be under powered for all that we know
Third, a new member should always introduce himself in the welcome section to get more answers out of this forum.

Good luck with your laser.

^ Second that... For all you know your "100mW" laser is 30mW... You'd be better off buying a new laser from a more reputable company such as Lazerer... If that's what you want to do, Be sure to let us know what your budget it... For as low as $60 you can get a 200mW red laser that's focus able and will burn...

Laserpointerpro has a very negative rep on here... I think there's even been forum members scammed by them. I seriously doubt your laser is anywhere near 100mW, probably 30mW at best. Did you try focusing the laser light onto a black trash bag?

well, i think the 100mW is false, you can try to buy a new from a reliable supplier

Zeebit

Its probably overspec. Use a magnifying lens and focus the dot to its smallest and see if it burns.

edz55

If i was you I'd ask for a refund and look else where for laser that can burn, which shouldn't be hard to find.