Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How can i make laser pointer cap

kampcitmr

Hi, I want to make laser pointer cap different pattern like star, bear , etc. pattern .

when you buy a new chipest laser pointer from a shop , it coming different cap head ; star, bear etc. how can they do this cap pattern

ı want to make my self my pattern. how can ı do ?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Like steve mentioned, you really can't make anything like those star caps yourself, especially at a reasonable cost, however you can buy the patterned cap sets for different styles of lasers without buying a laser.

Here are a few of many that are available.

The style you buy will depend on your pointer type.

Those "star caps" are two diffraction gratings that rotate against each other to produce the patterns you get. The ones that produce just a single pattern, like a figure, are a single diffraction grating. So, it depends on what you are looking for as to which kind you buy.

Encap

What they said above^^^

Alternatively, buy a cheap laser that includes the star caps for the same price as the star caps alone.

GSS

One thing you might want to look into is finding some older red key chain style pointers that came out in the late late 90 or early 2000..
The caps that looked like a hollow point bullet and both the laser host and caps were made of solid brass and not plastic.
I had one that must of had 80 different caps with all type of figures it would cast on the wall..
I know you want to make you own designs but the one I had with so many different patterns I can't imagine not finding one you don't like.
These older ones have been on ebay..