Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

how can i make a thin beam with leds

caleb

is there anyway i can several LED's (20 or so) and then make them all join at one point to make a thin beam (such as a laser)
everyone seems to say its (imposible) but im prety sure it is achievable.

Ring up an optics company and ask them if they can make an optics package for that. I think people here are tired of answering these 'can i focus XXX into a beam' questions. Trust me, if it wasn't hard to do candlepowerforums would be all over that shit.

Switch

VillageIdiot said:
Ring up an optics company and ask them if they can make an optics package for that. I think people here are tired of answering these 'can i focus XXX into a beam' questions. Trust me, if it wasn't hard to do candlepowerforums would be all over that shit.

Yea , what he said. ::)

Here's a way of making a beam out of many LEDs though: Make a long straight line out of something like wood or plasting, stick LEDs in, wire them up and add power :D

No but seriously, combining two laser beams is hard enough.Combining twenty LED beams is impossible, and collimating a LED beam to near laser divergence and diameter is impossible. :p

caleb

ha ha, k, well i read some stuff on coherent and non-coherent so i guess that has some stuff to do with it. :eek: