Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How about Texas laser systems?

Does anyone have any information on these guys?

I am specifically interested in this item:
Cool Blue 1000mw Variable Focus Laser
It comes with laser safety goggles as well! Does anyone know what type of batteries this uses? I can't find that information anywhere, however looking at the pictures it looks like two rechargeable crc123a batteries. Does this laser look any good to you guys? Finally, what about the company texaslasersystems.com?

Thanks for any and all help!

Last edited:

Helios

Im sure its a fine laser. Its pretty hard to mess up a 445nm.

you could get one thats more powerful, better built, and cheaper from someone here on the forum. There are always several in the buy sell trade section.

Hmthm yeah I was just on that site looks like good qualty lasers. I was thinking about giving them a try.also based in the usa and 7 day delivery time beats 6weeks from china

I got mine from:

Survival Laser Home

Awesome laser!! I got it in three days after ordering!! There is even a discout for lpf members. Go to his thread it's called 190$ package or something like that. And it takes only 2 minutes to assemble. Just read the instructions while it's on it's way to you.

Last edited:
Hi all - newbie here - 1st post in this forum.

As for me, I am writing Texas Laser Systems off as a possibly bad/scam site.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/buying-200mw-green-burner-60831.html
(first post in the thread)

Last sunday (5 June 2011) I registered on the Texas Laser Systems site, in preparation / anticipation of buying a product on monday (yesterday, 6 June). (specifically, a 5mw green laser pointer w/ IR filter).

In the meantime, I emailed them sunday evening, stating that I would probably place an order the next day, but I had questions on a couple of products... I stated that I might buy a high power laser in the future.

Concerning their safety goggles;
(a) I courteously / good-nature-edly (?) mentioned that on their website, "Laser Saftey Glasses for 190-540nm Lasers" contains a misspelling.
(b) I wanted to know what the OD rating was for their "Saftey Glasses".

I still have not received a reply to the email.

I called ALL DAY on monday (6 june) off and on, about every 1-2 hours, and just got a recording.

If you google Texas Laser Systems, and check business profile sites, the yielded info leads to some suspicion. (example) Estimated number of employees 1 - 2 (??)

-----

So, I ordered a Lyra-B5 5mw greenie from Laserglow today (actually- yesterday, monday, mid-afternoon); went ahead and shelled out the rush shipping charges, spoke to a rep at Laserglow (telephonically) and got tracking info... it should arrive today (tuesday) or at the latest wednsday. Yay for me. This was based partially/mostly on:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/guide-buying-your-first-green-laser-30608.html
Thanks, Randomlugia, for that guide.

-----

My first post, so I will drop a bio:

LASER background stuff:

First laser: Red 5mw (?) HeNe from Edmund Scientific back in the mid 70's. (I am a crusty old thing).

Experimented with holography. Wasn't very good, but I was starting to get "acceptable" results before I gave it up. This branched into other interests such as night vision devices, etc. I was already an astronomy enthusiest, shortwave listener (SWL), etc., from way back.

2nd laser: Cheap red < 5mw pointer from Radio Shack, about 1998 or so. Eventually used mostly as a toy for my cat. A couple or 3-5 years ago, put this in the top of a closet, forgot to take out the batteries. Retrieved it recently. Wouldn't work. The pushbutton was even frozen in place. Had to use needlenose pliers to open the battery compartment. GUESS what I found inside? I had a new pet, his name was "Corrosion". He didn't do much, not near as interesting as my cat, so I threw "Corrosion" away.

So now I am interested in lasers again. Not sure what my next step will be after the 5mw Laserglow Lyra. I am not REALLY interested in "burnin stuff", just "cool brite stuff". We'll see.

NON-LASER background stuff:

Retired military, US Army, 22 years, Signals Intelligence (SIGINT).

Amateur Radio operator, Extra Class. I've had 4 callsigns now, including a German call that I got while stationed in Berlin (very old call, expired, was DA2YO). Current call = AD5WY. Still a SWL. I have an interest in "illicits", which SWL'ers call "spy and numbers stations", and radio pirates when I can find them.

Interested / into all sorts of geeky things. B.E.A.M. robotics, etc. Used to be into fencing (strictly foil, didn't have time for sabre, and epee'ers are all nutz), and scuba (was a certified PADI instructor when I was stationed in Hawaii, 1992-1995).

Last edited:
Update: Tuesday 17:31 local time, I first emailed Texas Laser Systems on sunday afternoon. STILL no response to my email.

My guess is Texas Laser Systems = bad / going out of business and doesn't care to tell people / scam

Just posting this because a few people have asked about them, and I see warning flags.

Yes this site is a scam! They do not have the items in stock & drop ship from china. You may or may not get a good laser. I did not, I received one that was sappose to be a 1000mw blue & recieved a cheap green with the wrong battery's. I quickly tried to contact them & received this back.

Hello,
I will be out of the office and away from email until May 17. I will respond to all inquries at that time. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes!

Texas Laser Systems
4360 Western Center BLVD #130

Fort Worth, TX 76137
www.texaslasersystems.com

That is red for a big RED FLAG.

hossdg

I ordered a 1000mW Cool Blue Laser from them and it came after 2 weeks. They then told me that they would apply the 10% refund, which then they didn't. Also, on the first battery change, the voltage regulator got screwed up, now it only takes ultrafire 3.7V CR123A's and they haven't emailed me back since i ordered. Furthermore, The packaging that the laser came in was STRAIGHT from China, it never touched Texas! I wouldn't recommend ordering from these guys, Stay with big laser companies to avoid scams.

I would avoid this company at all costs. The site is attractive. That's pretty much where it ends. My seven day delivery took ten days....NOBODY answers the phone...emails are NOT returned promptly....This guy admitted to me this is a "Second Job, Part time." When I did receive an answer, it was "I'm so sorry, etc." I did receive my violet laser...direct from CHINA. So far it works great. But the one year warranty...I don't think this company will last that long! Communictaion is almost nil. /////// YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! :mad:

:mad:Geez....here we go. My new laser lasted maybe....3-4 days. Now the beam is weak..about half as bright. One year warranty will be tested. I'm a reasonable guy, but this company is by far the worst I've ever delt with in seven years of online buying. Yes, I checked the battery...at full charge it shows 4.2 volts and holds a steady load very well. I could just kick myself for not checking here first! Oh well...I just want this settled and move on. *****Remember:::::::YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED :::AVOID THIS SELLER ************************:mad:

joeyss

Sounds like we found a place worse than dino direct. Honestly Texas Lasers from the name itself just sounds like a scam.

Last edited:
I'd almost forgotten my "Experience" with the Dino! Another nightmare! T.L. is still worse....Your comment made me laugh! Have you ever noticed that many of these laser site's appear to be written by the same person? Maybe....it's just one HUGE MONSTER COMPANY selling all the "China...kiss my..... lasers!". It's really a disapointment....maybe I'm the only one....but not one of my many lasers have, (and I quote) "Enrichned my life!". Poor me....I guess I have to stop believing everything I read.....sigh.....................Ken.:shhh:

YES this company is not a company just a nice looking web site that drop ships from a unreliable Chinese co. My credit card co is going after them for refunds. to bad people like this make it hard for a honest person to do business, for the rest of us that do have integrity... Always check here on the forum if you can. There are real people with integrity here, The best forum on the subject period! enough said...

Hi everyone, I made that stupid move of buying from them, just out of excitement for a new laser, and finally finding a site that actually looked somewhat trustworthy. I found this thread afterwards... I did one of those Google image match searches, and here is what I found:

Buy red laser pointer 200mw, red laser torch, red laser, 200mW high power focusable red laser pointer flashlight with safety key LIGHT CIGARETTES/FIREWORKS +FREE SHIPPING at Aliexpress.com

I think I have found a possible dropshipper. compare it to this:

200mw Variable Focus Red Laser (With Key Switch)

same pictures, and very similar description. located in china. :yabbmad:

Next time, I think I will look at reviews first. I just hope that I actually get my laser... I have tried calling them 5 times today, no answer.

Well, I feel that I should also share my horrible experience with this company.

My dad bought one of the 1 watt blue laser pointers. It was dropshipped directly from China. It burned up after running for a short time. My dad wanted me to handle the return, so I sent an e-mail. I got a reply the same day with an RMA number. I sent the laser back the next day. Unfortunately, that's the last time I ever heard from him.

I sent several e-mails and also called and left a message. No reply ever. I'm quite sure that this person is ignoring me. I have no idea how anyone can run a business like that. And on the website it says they usually reply in 30 minutes or less. What a load of BS.

After about a month and a half, we finally decided to do a credit card chargeback. I wonder if he's still going to ignore us now. Anyways, stay as far away from this company as you can. The person running it apparently does not care about his customers and intended to steal our money by ignoring us.

Update:
It has been 10 days, no laser. they promised 7.
I have called them at least 15-20 times. I have sent many an email. No response, and just an answering machine. If it doesn't show up soon, I will dispute this with Paypal. If they don't want anything to do with it, I will go to my bank.