Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HL-532 300 lighting a match

Hi. Heres a short video of my HL-532 300 lighting a match. This match is "waterproof", meaning that its coated in wax, making it harder to light than a normal match.

This laser is seriously powerful for such a small device! I am very, very, VERY happy with my laser from laserbtb and totally recommend them to ANYONE looking for a semi-inexpensive totally awesome laser,

Before anyone complains about the video being sideways.... Its from my phone and i basically had to to get the most viewing space.

Last edited:

Jombo, I think you incorrectly added the video to your post. Is it on YouTube? If so try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQq-E-lA1DM <--- original link
Do this: [.yt]NQq-E-lA1DM[/.yt]

Don't add the periods, that was only to show how it's done.

-Alex

lol, thanks. I had realized after it came up white, then i frantically hopped over to another thread with a youtube video, quoted it to see how it was done, then fixed it probably while you were typing up your response.

Never seen it done that way before

lol, thanks. I had realized after it came up white, then i frantically hopped over to another thread with a youtube video, quoted it to see how it was done, then fixed it probably while you were typing up your response.

Never seen it done that way before

Haha, working fine now! :)

That's a pretty powerful 532 you have, I watched the video & it instantly light up the match! Pretty sweet stuff.

-Alex

Yeah, i think i got a good one :D

I just clocked it in at 1.7amps at 4.1v. In that case its taking almost 7 watts to produce what should be 300mw.

is 4.3% efficiency about right? or should this be higher. Or did i just get a higher output laser?

EDIT*

Just read that DPSS lasers, specifically green, are usually around 20% efficient? So take some out for the driver and then what. Is it really just that much more powerful?

Last edited: