Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hiya

PersonMcperson

To all who are reading this, hello, I’m new here.
I live in Japan, love science and ゴジラ, and recently got into lasers.
Don’t worry, I’ll try not to be a n00b type person, and I have done some reading around this place.
I came here to learn more about lasers and their properties and how they work as I’ve always aspired to be a scientist once I’m old enough, although I don’t know what field of science I’ll be taking.
Anyway, I hope that I can learn a lot from this place and possibly even make some friends.
Sincerely, Person Mcperson

Reactions: GSS

GSS

Welcome :)
There is nothing wrong with noobie questions;) as long as it's not I pointed a laser directly in my eye type of question.. Yup we get those posts from time to time..
Enjoy and be safe..

Welcome to the LPF. You sound quite young still. What in science has your interest now? You might want to start off taking some physics courses when you get to college. That is a great way to learn a little about many fields.

Laserbran

To all who are reading this, hello, I’m new here.
I live in Japan, love science and ゴジラ, and recently got into lasers.
Don’t worry, I’ll try not to be a n00b type person, and I have done some reading around this place.
I came here to learn more about lasers and their properties and how they work as I’ve always aspired to be a scientist once I’m old enough, although I don’t know what field of science I’ll be taking.
Anyway, I hope that I can learn a lot from this place and possibly even make some friends.
Sincerely, Person Mcperson

Welcome, I'm new here too and already into my first 7w build! Great resources here you just have to look around and many master builders here as well. I built my first laser in 7th grade a long time ago. I recommend taking applied physics and both mechanical and electrical engineering. Lasers are a great way to learn applied physics, building a great way to learn soldering and basic curcuitry. I highly recommend getting into building but read loads before proceeding and always have eye protection on when operating any laser, hardcore stuff! Best wishes on this new journey!