Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

High Powered Laser newb

I have a new found interest in LED lights and burning lasers but I know very little but enough to acknowledge the possible dangers it could be to someone as my self for experimenting on such task. With that being said I want to make a high powered laser that can burn. šŸ”„. What us the best affordable most efficient way to make or modify one to do this? Thanks!

Gazen

Welcome to the forum

Iā€™d advice against a powerful laser as your first, start off with something under 5mW to learn.

You can get a verified 5mW laser from laserglow or optotronics.

Before you get any high power laser, you need glasses for the wavelength.
Survivallasers carries these with their ā€œeaglepairā€ series. Make sure you also read up on safety regulations in your country as well as safe practices.

Once you have gained some experience, the highest power cw diodes will be blue, you can get a diode/ driver from DTR and put it in a survivallaser host, or one from a forum member. Alternatively, you could buy one from Sanwu or jetlasers.

Stay safe and enjoy your time here

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum

Iā€™d advice against a powerful laser as your first, start off with something under 5mW to learn.

You can get a verified 5mW laser from laserglow or optotronics.

Before you get any high power laser, you need glasses for the wavelength.
Survivallasers carries these with their ā€œeaglepairā€ series. Make sure you also read of on safety regulations in your country as well as safe practices.

Once you have gained some experience, the highest power cw diodes will be blue, you can get a diode/ driver from DTR and put it in a survivallaser host, or one from a forum member. Alternatively, you could buy one from Sanwu or jetlasers.

Stay safe and enjoy your time here

I betcha he already needs glasses. šŸ˜‰

Reactions: GSS
A high power burning laser is not a good choice for someone with so little laser experience. Also, they are not inexpensive. You should learn more about how lasers work and the ways you can accidently hurt yourself and others first. Any laser you can buy in a store in the US should be <5 mW, so it isn't necessary to order the more expensive ones.

appreciate your quick response for sharing your knowledge from the outside looking in it doesn't seem like it would be too dangerous of a task now are these types you are describing are they portable or there's huge there for stationary?

appreciate your quick response for sharing your knowledge from the outside looking in it doesn't seem like it would be too dangerous of a task now are these types you are describing are they portable or there's huge there for stationary?
Hmmm. Not one capitol letter and no
sign of a period.:thinking:
Sorry... can't make sense of that huge
sentence.:cryyy:

Jerry

Sorry, I'm not from here, limited education, I do the best i can and just curious about lasers. I apologize you were unable to understand my message due my missing capitals and comas.

I was just wondering about the ones you were describing if they were small enough to be able to carry and my pocket or would it have to be stationary due to its size

Gazen

Sorry, I'm not from here, limited education, I do the best i can and just curious about lasers. I apologize you were unable to understand my message due my missing capitals and comas.

I was just wondering about the ones you were describing if they were small enough to be able to carry and my pocket or would it have to be stationary due to its size

Since laserbee never mentioned any lasers I assume you are addressing me or paul. Yes, there are lasers capable of burning that are very portable, one being able of carrying them in a pocket or small bag, if that's what you were asking.

N/P...
If you want a burning Laser to fit in your
pocket then you can get a <100mW 405nm
Pointer/pen. It can be focused down to a
pinpoint and will burn wood.
Don't forget to get appropriate Laser Safety
Googles/Glasses. If the Laser can burn wood
it will definitely burn your eyes.

Jerry

Last edited:
I always enjoyed the 200mw 650nm reds, they will focus tight and pop balloons, light matches, even burn into wood and they also make a nice tight beam. Make sure to wear the proper laser safety glasses.