Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

High energy laser diode collimation

Pointman

Hey there. I'm learning about lasers and currently trying to set up a system for experiments. I have found a learning curve with the optics. Can anyone suggest something to either build or an already existing setup for a 915nm 200w 106.5um fiber coupled diode laser. My plan is to attached it to a telescope. Would I need a focus lense or an expansion lense or both? Not sure, I've done some research but any precise information would be great. Thanks!

Last edited:

Commander J. Bloodmaker

Thats pretty powerful for a telescope. Just saying, your death ray should probably have lenses from a reputable dealer of optical glass.

1st You need a pair of high quality laser safety goggles that will attenuate this wavelength.
2nd Your talking about a fiber coupled laser diode ARRAY if it's 200w which means your coherence length out of your fiber will not be optimal.

Are you using a reflector type telescope or a refractor and if your'e using a reflector are you using a catadioptric telescope or other, maybe a schmidt cassegrain ?