Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi!

Clay

Thanks guys! I've had lots of 5 me lasers in the past, with my strongest being a red 300-400mw red laser. But I lost it a few years ago :( I've just ordered a 650mw 405nm from Sci-Fi Lasers though and I'm looking forward to it! (Yes, I will have safety glasses for it)

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I've had lots of 5 me lasers in the past, with my strongest being a red 300-400mw red laser. But I lost it a few years ago :( I've just ordered a 650mw 405nm from Sci-Fi Lasers though and I'm looking forward to it! (Yes, I will have safety glasses for it)

In case you have never had a 405nm before, don't expect it to look too impressive but be careful with that thing, it will burn much better than you would expect. Mine is only 590mW and easily burns just about anything, and don't think it only burns stuff up close.

Alan

Clay

In case you have never had a 405nm before, don't expect it to look too impressive but be careful with that thing, it will burn much better than you would expect. Mine is only 590mW and easily burns just about anything, and don't think it only burns stuff up close.

Alan

Thanks for the info about the beam. I mainly went with 405nm because it has a better beam divergence than 445nm. I wasn't aware of the beam being less bright, but I guess that would make sense since it's on the edge of the visible spectrum

Hello Clay and welcome to the forum.
Enjoy and always remember, safety first.