Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi - New Here

Rockthesky

Hi just joined today. I have a collection of wicked lasers. Hopefully I can learn a lot more.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

RT

no offence but..most members that own WLs do not mention them (much) Nobody has done as much harm to us as WL has.

so not easy to forgive WL.
NOT many good reviews.
Some had to wait MONTHS for delivery.
This may not make much sense if you were not 'there' then.

hak

Rockthesky

no offence but..most members that own WLs do not mention them (much) Nobody has done as much harm to us as WL has.

so not easy to forgive WL.
NOT many good reviews.
Some had to wait MONTHS for delivery.
This may not make much sense if you were not 'there' then.

hak
Hi Hak,

No offense taken. I dealt with them 10 years ago and had zero issues. Times have changed I guess.
Just looking to unload things I no longer need in life.

Have a good one!

RT

you too.

MYB you were just lucky.
Some of the other items they sell now DO look pretty good.
and hopefully they no longer take money for items that will
be a very long time to be delivered. I was told that there were so many Arctics made that WL only paid about $7 usd each for the hosts. .
AixiZ was offerd a free 'sample' AND
it took 6 months to arrive
A lot of parents were unhappy reading that the laser 'will set flesh on fire instantly' ..but this had the oppisite effect on the buyers. WL chose profits over safety IMHO.

best wishes

len

Last edited:

Encap

WL went downhill around 2011.
You would do much better selling/offering your WL items on ebay without listing output power there--many others do same and people who actualy want WL products search there and pay silly prices for them
Most everyone on LPF knows better quality current lasers with higher outputs at far lower cost than WL old prices are easily available ---so LPF not as good a good place to sell WL stuff unless you are willing to take lees than expected.
See: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...leDesc=0&_odkw=wicked+lasers+arctic&_osacat=0

Last edited:
That^^^ tells you a lot.
We do NOT like to be 'jerked around'
The WL guy (?CHRIS? aka the American Chinese guy) became a millionare.
At the time IIRC he lived in Ca. & I think he just retired and enjoyed his money..

Encap has it right.. if you had a JL in one hand and a WL in the other--JL wins hand down.
WL had a poor way of dealing with unhappy buyers who wanted help withwhat must have looked like years to make .
and ship.
The silver lining to that cloud was a gazillion members joined LPF just to get straight answers. and timely ones.

Some stuck around and became an asset to LPF.

Most others never posted even once.. just checking in to see if anyone got thier Arctic. afaik no refunds were ever sent.
AixiZ was in phone contact w/ Chris a few times--he was looking for advice and ANY help making these. Dr Chuck told me it was a brilliant sales tactic .... but at what cost?? Gray tells me that JL was also contacted about helping to make them..he said something like 'JETLASERS wanted nothing to do with these' poor quality lasers.

WL's both helped us and hurt us too.
Their outlandish claims and ads made national news.
The worst things they 'said' made for good sensational press.
So that was a double edged sword. It was all about sale$.

WL had a forum but is was LAME. So LPF became the place to get real info.

BUT it is nice to hear from any/some happy WL owners.

hak

Rockthesky

Thanks for the input guys - really appreciate it. Maybe i'll try ebay or keep them for another 10 years. Definitely had fun with them on beach nights with all the different lens filters. I cant imagine a parent paying $400 for a laser for their kids, but this world is nuts.

Have a good one!!
RT