Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi, Jason V. here

JasonV

Hows it going everybody? I just made my account today, and im planning on ordering my first greenie tomorrow. I first came to this hobby thru a PopSci mag i was reading when i saw an add for wicked lasers.com Since then, i have researched, dragon lasers, and nova lasers. As of right now i am pretty confident im going to purchase the x45 from them. Any one have any last min advice/recomendations? Thanks, and good to meet you all.

~jason

P.S i am from a suburb of chicago, Il. USA

Rhith

Welcome! Only suggestion I would have is that if you have the money go for something with more power. ;)

Welcome! the X-45 will pop balloons and *may* light a match with a lens. BUt if you can, definitely go for sometihng more powerful.

That's weird, I thought I replied in this thread, well I'll do it again. I reallly suggest paying an extra $20 to get an x65, and if you can get an x85. You'll need the extra power when it comes to burning.

welcome to LPF, JasonV! nova's definitely a good bet to buy from, my only nova product so far is a second hand X85, which is still working perfectly so...i'm happy with them :)

Welcome to the forum JasonV. The x45 is a good choice to start with, it will be able to light matches most likely unaided with the way nova sells lasers. But go ahead and spend an extra 20 bucks and get the 65. You will be most happy and will have plenty of power for all of the fun things we love to do with lasers.

EDIT: Forgot to add this. You will be glad you did.