Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi, I'm new here.

I'm going to try and build a 10 mw on a 445nm wavelength, I'm just waiting for the diode module. I know I'm starting small, but the strict laws (regarding lasers) here make it very difficult to start anywhere else.

What diode did you order? I'm not sure if the output would go that low.

Thanks guys.
I've just been buying 1 mw lasers to start off with, anything higher I'll have to make myself.
A friend of mine tried to get a 5 mw from overseas and ended up with a letter from customs.
This is about a 65/35 chance customs will grab it ,you need to get it send in couple of parts at least long drawn out and expensive but it works.Never import a laser with a battery they can scan for lithium ion batteries ,and call it a torch or electronic module obviously never a laser.I have lost my share of lasers but we are dealing with illegal items so that's the risk we take in Australia in particular ,the 65/35 was 65% you will get it .

Last edited:

NKO29

Hey man, im in Sydney, NSW. DIY is relatively simple AS LONG AS YOU CAN SOLDER. Otherwise i bought a "1mW" green recently, and it turned out to be around 70mW on my LPM. Anyways, Welcome and lase safely!
EDIT: Im Joshua too :p

Last edited: