Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi guys noob question

You know those el cheapo laser pointers like you get at the counter of stores. How they have those little screw on things that let you print designs on the wall or whatever. Well I need to make a way to send that down a length of fiber optic cable. Any advice you have would be appreciated. Completely new to lasers and it looks like a great way to add a new dimension to my projects thanks and see ya later!

The pattern things you're talking about are diffraction gratings. As far as I know you'll need to mount them after the fiber, otherwise the projection gets bounced around so much in the fiber I don't think it'll come out on the other end.

pseudolobster said:
The pattern things you're talking about are diffraction gratings. As far as I know you'll need to mount them after the fiber, otherwise the projection gets bounced around so much in the fiber I don't think it'll come out on the other end.

yeah i'll go with what he said......cause i dunno anything about fiber optics...