Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi from NY (not NYC, upstate)

Hi all!

I've been browsing the forum for a few months now and I must thank you all for the wealth of knowledge posted here! I'm a senior undegrad Physics major at RPI.

I've been interested in DIY for a while, but never thought so many others were out there like me. I just placed my first order from Nova for an X-50 for a nice astronomy pointer and an Alpha-105 for more demanding play..er..experiments. Soon I will be looking to create my DIY arsenal thanks to you all.

I'm glad I found ya!

Welcome to the forum! Nova was a great choice for your first lasers, you will love both of them.

You should definitely start your own DIY projects, to have your own laser that you built yourself is so much more than saying you bought one from China.

and Welcome to LPF :)

sk8er4514 said:
You should definitely start your own DIY projects, to have your own laser that you built yourself is so much more than saying you bought one from China.

and Welcome to LPF :)
I agree, I have plans for a couple in the works, but I planned on using flexdrives which our backordered right now. I'm currently playing around with a DDL driver just for some experience.
Thanks for the inspiration!