Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi!! *bounces* :)

hi! i'm marianne, a geeky girl from the south of england, i just joined the forums and if my typos seem odd it's because i use a dvorak layout keyboard! :) i've always been interested in science and computers, been programming since i was 8, i use debian linux, lasers are also something that've always fascinated me, i got my first green (5mW) recently and have a 15mW green and 125mW red laser in the post from wicked lasers, and um...i'm really not sure what else to say, i think i've already covered the "hi" hehe... oh and my homepage is xmoogle dot org, i assume i can't post urls yet as a new member! :)

T

timelord

Welcome to the forum marianne I'm glad you made it here you'll find loads of my laptop frying antics here as well as youtube :D
But most of all you can really relax here and speak freely about this fantastic hobby of lasers :)

T

timelord

I forgot to add that you'll be able to post link after you've reached 20 post too ;)

yes, you are a laptop endangering lunatic! :p thanks for telling me about this place, i'm also on lasercommunity and while i do like it there, i'm always a hint worried that any criticism of wicked lasers or discussion about alternatives might be...frowned upon. that may just be my own paranoia, but it's nice to find a laser forum not owned by a laser company :) by the way, does this place have a related irc chatroom, and if not, would you like one set up on a chat network i'm an admin on? yes, shameless advertising...:p hehe

T

timelord

We do have a chat client here for admin and mods but we don't see much point in using it as we like to air our views on the main forum.. As for the LC you can easily get banned for any bad press of wicked lasers, here we activel encourage all good and bad reviews of lasers and companies :)

understandable :) is there much point "reviewing" the lasers i've ordered when they get here? i'm real new to lasers, don't have any kind of power checking apparatus, etc...the pulsar is on an offer right now that makes it come with some free stuff (balloons, a case, the lens cap set), which is kinda nice, hopefully it'll be able to burn a few things, the 15mW green (an executive) i mostly got because i wanted a big bright green beam at night, doubt that'll burn a thing hehe...be fun to shine the thing very far away though :)

K

kingzilla

Hi, and welcome to the forum! :) As for the chat, I thought we used to have a little chat extra, but that thread seems to have vanished. :-?

Moderator said:
Hi, and welcome to the forum! :) As for the chat, I thought we used to have a little chat extra, but that thread seems to have vanished. :-?

perhaps it was eaten up out of existence by the mythical quantum-singularity-powered black laser :)

K

kingzilla

marianne said:
[quote author=Moderator link=1183636536/0#6 date=1183642271]Hi, and welcome to the forum! :) As for the chat, I thought we used to have a little chat extra, but that thread seems to have vanished. :-?

perhaps it was eaten up out of existence by the mythical quantum-singularity-powered black laser :)[/quote]

Wow, now I gota go and find that laser! :D I found the chat post and re-stickied it if anyone wants to use it. :)

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1168028853

Hi and Welcome to the Forum. Yay Another Brit. ;D ;D. someone else who spells COLOUR as it should be spelt, hehe.

Jase

Thanks! :) and don't get me started on colour, favour, neighbour, centre, recognise etc......:)