Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi All

Hi I'm Geert, from the Netherlands and I just bought a 80 mW laser (not much info about the type and such, only that it's guaranteed to give 80mW) which should arive over the next few days.
I'll be sure to post some pics when I get it.

S

SenKat

Greetings, Geert ! Welcome to the forum, and enjoy your read ! You have LOTS of catching up to do with respect to reading on here :)

What vendor did you purchase it from ? Since you have less than 20 posts, you cannot post links yet, but you can spell it out, and I will fix the link for you - like this : dubdubdub.ebaydot com/productid, etc etc etc......

Nooooooo! the laser diode died on me :( It shone for like 10 minutes and then poof, nothing. When I shine it on the wall it still produces infrared though (tested with digital camera) are my cristals out of alignment? can I fix that??

The laser wasn't too expensive though, just around 120 dollars, because of that I didnt get any warranty what so ever :(

Not that it matters that much though, I'm ordering a BFG laser. That's a good one to start with right?? :p some wicked goggles are also coming my way just to be safe (I know nova goggles are better, but these were a bit more economical and sill provide sufficient protection since I'm not going to stare directly into the beam)