Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Heya Laser Fans

They are both gorgeous. So are you using both of those you are saying or you are looking to sell one or more?

I only bought the one with less black. the other 3 customs host's are from different builders here. Those in the pic were sold some time ago but Ehgemus will make them or any of his customs hosts for you. All you have to do is send him a request.

Here are the other ones I have coming. I bought a blue and green set of the Krytons with tritium inlays to build a 800mw 520 and 2W 462. The bottom one I ordered in the same anodized colors as the pic to build my mac daddy 1.4W 520. Some serious talent on this forum!
_DM42987_zps7ae608c3.jpg

IMG_20140210_172413_663_zps8eb0649c.jpg

Serious talent is right. Those kryptons are amazing, I am tempted by them now. I'll see how I like simulating the rear clicky tonight. So the GITD you just take another laser to light'em up I assume. Probably stay bright relatively long after a laser. Would love a some GITD paper, maybe a huge sheet!

I really like those wavelengths... where did you get the diodes and what kinds of drivers are you using?

Serious talent is right. Those kryptons are amazing, I am tempted by them now. I'll see how I like simulating the rear clicky tonight. So the GITD you just take another laser to light'em up I assume. Probably stay bright relatively long after a laser. Would love a some GITD paper, maybe a huge sheet!

I really like those wavelengths... where did you get the diodes and what kinds of drivers are you using?

The GITD is suppose to glow for quite a while. I have a UV flashlight that will make them glow pretty brightly with just a quick flash. I am mostly getting my diodes and drivers from either Flaminpyro or DTR. Their inventory is pretty much the most popular diodes and drivers I have been able to find from the research I have done here.
I haven't ordered any diodes yet. I am pretty broke from all the hosts I have ordered, lol. My wife thinks I've gone a bit nutty but she thinks its pretty cool that I found something that brings me this much fun.

I am a green beam junky so i will probably start with the 520's and work up from there.

The GITD is suppose to glow for quite a while. I have a UV flashlight that will make them glow pretty brightly with just a quick flash. I am mostly getting my diodes and drivers from either Flaminpyro or DTR. Their inventory is pretty much the most popular diodes and drivers I have been able to find from the research I have done here.
I haven't ordered any diodes yet. I am pretty broke from all the hosts I have ordered, lol. My wife thinks I've gone a bit nutty but she thinks its pretty cool that I found something that brings me this much fun.

I am a green beam junky so i will probably start with the 520's and work up from there.

Yeah it is fun things like this in life that make it good to be alive. I was wondering about getting diodes for wavelengths (keep wanting to say frequencies) that are not very common. If they are more dificult to make or is it just a mass production thing. Wonder how the cost compares (would be more I'd think but don't know if they are usually 2x or 3x the price or more like 1.5x) I have been negelecting a number of things, hard to escape the draw of lasers right now. My precious... (hope u get that reference lol)

UV flashlight, didn't even think about that being made aside from people chwecking hand stamps and things to get back in bars\amusement parks.

--Anyone: Why is it so hard for me to find my posts that I'm currently following (subscribed to I guess) You'd think there would be a notification somewhere besides email. I have been going to the User CP then .clicking Subsribed Threads I think. Seems like I'm doing it the long way.

Last edited:
I made a thread about what drivers go with which diodes in the tutorial section. There were some very helpful reply's. I hear you, i was in your exact shoes just a couple weeks ago. Keep reading. DTR's website really helped me. It really comes down to buck or boost drivers for most builds. You can see his diode/driver packages and that gives you an idea of what goes with what.

This forum doesn't have as easy to find your threads feature as others. I use my email. Just open a tab with your email and any thread you have replied or started you will get a notification when someone responds. Make sure you have that turned on in your settings.

I made a thread about what drivers go with which diodes in the tutorial section. There were some very helpful reply's. I hear you, i was in your exact shoes just a couple weeks ago. Keep reading. DTR's website really helped me. It really comes down to buck or boost drivers for most builds. You can see his diode/driver packages and that gives you an idea of what goes with what.

This forum doesn't have as easy to find your threads feature as others. I use my email. Just open a tab with your email and any thread you have replied or started you will get a notification when someone responds. Make sure you have that turned on in your settings.

I can't find that driver/diode tutorial. Been looking at things and I want to go to 1.8 or slightly below. Was thinking the X-boost seems good. I need something that will run on one battery.