Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

hey

hey im xtrapsp, basically gonna be selling laser parts if i need some cash :) was into lasers but ive sort of side trackted a bit to some other hobbies

hello xtrapsp. What exactly are you going to be selling if you need some cash?

Well, welcome to the forums... But, you know reader diodes aren't very powerful at all, we mostly only deal with writer diodes, right?

A DVD or UMD reader diode is probably only capable of some 20mW, whereas a diode from a 22x dvd writer is capable of some 300mW, and only costs something like $8.

In retrospect it might have been a good idea to lurk the forums for a few months before tearing apart your PSP for its worthless diode... I mean, I can buy a full completed laser pointer for $1 from my local dollar store that's likely just as powerful as the diodes you're selling... Plus for your diodes we'd need to buy a host, an aixiz module, and a regulated driver, probably costing us $50 on top of what you're charging for something we could by for $1 anywhere that sells cat-toy lasers... Just saying. Probably should have read up on the topic before you tore apart your PSP...

But yeah, welcome to the forums!