Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey LPF new member introduction.

Kilo23

Hey all, I am very excited to join this forum and just getting started into the hobby of lasers. I am a tanker by nature and love to find out how things work and then be able to build a quality piece of whatever on my own. The first thing I would love to get started on with this community is building a green laser that has the power to burn. I also really want to set up a bunch Amires all over my house or garage or wherever to be able to see the green beam transferring all over the place, I think that would look awesome. And on the note of high-powered lasers and playing with Mears where is a good place to get good quality glasses for myself and family? I am a responsible adult and would never cross the line from safe to unsafe but I honestly like playing around pretty close to that wine once I'm familiar and fully understand what I am "playing with". If anyone knows good places to get equipment for building and the tools for putting them together or safety goggles let me know. I'm sure I can find it once I start searching through the forums but I wanted to give a nice long introductions of people know why I'm here and what I'm looking to do. It looks like this is going to be a very helpful forum as I see thousands of members and multiple different forums broken down to all the subcategories. If anyone has taken their time to read this whole thing thanks and I look forward to participating in becoming a productive member of this forum. Cheers from Sacramento California.

Kilo23

Ya you are pretty close to me. I plan on glasses being here before my first laser. Do you build your own yet?

Kilo23

Cool, I'm probably going to build my first laser pretty soon so if you would like to help or check it out let me know. 916–671–0799 Gavin

For burning green laser o suggest you buy a hl-300 from laserbtb.com .. its focusing abities arent the best but for a fiest time green its a great deal. If you build your own id go with a 520nm diode instead of a dpss laser as they notoriously finicky and for good reason. To get that green beam an 808nm infrared is put thru s gain medium and then a ktp crystal that essentially cats the wavelength in have via frequency doubling and out comes the visible green. Point being dpss is much much more complicated ... but its brighter and has a thinner beAm And in general I think better coherence. Ask for a second opinion on that one though. Anyhow welcome to the forums kilo I hope you learn much snd do well here. Ive fallen in love with lasers pand this forum due to my physics background but even the biology of how your eyes respond to different wavelengths is now intriguing me greatly.

Once again WELCOME!

Last edited: