Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey guys what do you think of this laser

Hello everyone,
i just purchased the DX 5v 5mw newwish green laser module and would like to know if it is worth the money. Good or bad underpowered or what. Also does it definitely have an IR filter. Does anyone have this Module.
I hope it gets through customs in Australia.   :eek:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10094

Attachments

• sku_10094_1-newwish_5_v.jpg
    sku_10094_1-newwish_5_v.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 111

I highly doubt that a $16.00 5mW Green laser will come with an IR Filter.. ::)

Jerry

sorry Jerry,
i should have asked you to look in the link
in the pictures of the disassembled module. I am not a noob in respect of diode
lasers but lack knowledge of DPSS lasers.
So what i really meant to ask is, if you would look on the dealextreme page and look at the provided images could anyone tell me if the green glass peace is an IR filter

Attachments

• ir_003.jpg
    ir_003.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 125
Looking at the DX photos... the "glass" looks like a sipmple beam splitter for
the feedback photo sensor to control the APC driver... :cool:
Could or could not also be an IR filter... :-?

Jerry

ben74

Yeah it is a IR filter i have opened one up and it's a nice little module, not as good as Susies but still a good buy.

Im sorry i don't know what an APC driver is exactly, all i know is it has something to do with limiting the modules power. Oh and do Susies have IR filters.
the reason i really want a module with a filter is because i own a green laser which says 240mw but only 5 is green. :-/

I took apart one of those a few years back, and yes it is an IR filter that doubles as a beamsplitter for a completely separate photo diode-not in the laser diode. That's what the wires are that go from the centre of the module, back to the driver board.

It is a decent 5mW laser that should have no problems going through customs, but it is very delicate. I'm pretty sure the module is held together by epoxy, and not threaded, so whatever you do, don't drop it.

alx

i saw that it has adjustable focus. is that true or adjustable here is meaning just defocus...?

regards,
alx

Green lasers only focus out. I don't see why you would need to focus closer anyway, since 5mW isn't very good at burning things.