Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Here We Go Again

Unfortunately this happens to be only minutes away from me :mad:

TETERBORO — Authorities are investigating two incidents of laser pointers being aimed at planes headed for Newark Liberty International Airport Thursday night.

The aircrafts were passing over the Teterboro area in Bergen County at around 3,000 feet when they noticed the lasers, according to Port Authority spokesman Joseph Pentangelo. One occurred at around 9:55 p.m., and the next at around 10:02 p.m.

Both were able to touch down safely in Newark a short time later.

Federal authorities and Port Authority police are looking into the matter, Pentangelo said.

The FBI recorded more than 3,500 incidents of handheld laser pointers being aimed at planes in 2011, as opposed to just 283 in 2005, according to a CNN report.

The Federal Aviation Administration says the lasers can seriously disrupt a pilot's vision, particularly during landings and takeoffs.

A law passed in 2011 makes the crime punishable by up to five years in prison, and exposes violators to heavy fines.

Authorities investigating laser pointers aimed at Newark-bound planes | NJ.com

I think it would be great if the punishment also included having the turned on laser rectally implanted into the offender.

Always idiots, i don't want to end up in jail because i have in my possession a laser that 99.99% of ppl arnt idiots and the. ,01 % stuff it up for the rest of us grrrr

Fortunately for the most part, these people do tend to be idiots, so they get caught red handed, when they are caught.

Also if possession of something that can be used to commit a crime, but is itself not illegal, we'd all be in trouble, and by all, I mean ALL. You own a knife... must mean you used to do something nefarious right? :p

You use a metal fork and knife? No. You must follow airplanes, you can only use plastic utensils or else you will be put in jail :p

Last edited:
Nah, you can bypass those pesky issues. Just buy a first class ticket, and you'll get metal utensils. Or charter a jet, and you can do basically whatever you want.

Lol that's one of the first requests from most being shown a high powered laser. "duh hey hit that plane" but this is why they will never get any closer then watching them being used. (obviously I keep only the most intelligent company ;)