Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hemp for Victory

I watched this video about a year ago and today i saw it on one of my favorite sites.

http://www.plime.com/l/104820/1/
it was put out by the united states department of agriculture in 1942.
the film almost 14 minutes long.

ya know, the one thing they didn't see coming was that machines were going to take over most of the jobs that were being preformed. Another thing i think of is... how did it go from "hemp for victory" to "zero tolerance" ?      Wtf :-/

Jaseth

They still produce huge amounts of hemp. Hemp comes from the stalk of the plant and is used for ropes, cloth, etc. The drug comes from the seeds and leaves. Hemp focused plantations use different breeds from THC based plants. There is minimal leaf and seed growth in the legal industry with very long thin stalks.
Nice film to watch, thanks for the link.

Jaseth said:
They still produce huge amounts of hemp. Hemp comes from the stalk of the plant and is used for ropes, cloth, etc. The drug comes from the seeds and leaves. Hemp focused plantations use different breeds from THC based plants. There is minimal leaf and seed growth in the legal industry with very long thin stalks.
Nice film to watch, thanks for the link.

Not in the US, they don't. All hemp products you can buy in America are imported. There is no agricultural or industrial hemp grown in the United States. It's illegal.
You're right though, that hemp grown for fiber is a different breed of plant than cannabis grown for drug use, that's much much lower in THC, and is basically completely worthless to try and get high off of.
Also, as some people pointed out already, it's the flower of the female plant (the "bud") that's used for recreational purposes; The seeds and leaves have no, or very little THC respectively.