Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help with my decision please.

Hello everyone, I was wondering if I could get a few opinions from experienced green laser owners.

I am looking at the Rayfoss www.rayfoss.com
OR
O-like 200mW transformable green laser [OLV6200] - $165.00 : O-Like, Quality Products, Great Prices

I was wondering which of the two would be a better overall experience (customer service, quility of the product, and least chance of being confiscated by customs.)
Also, pro's and con's of both would be great. My biggest concerns are Beam alignment, accuracy of the 200mW rating, and Customs.

Also, is it possible to eliminate the need of a key (ie. leave it unlocked)

And, is there any special instructions I need to give them in order to make it more likely to pass customs, and if it is confiscated, are there any criminal consequences?

I have heard that laser over %mW are legal in the U.S. if they have certain safety features. Do you know of any 150-200mW lasers that are legal and cost around $150?

Last edited:

AndyR

Both Rayfoss and O-like are very trusted sellers, either way you will probably get close to 200 mW. Honestly it all probably depends on how you like the looks of the laser. Also, I'm sure there are some reviews of both of these lasers in the Review section of the forum that will help you make your decision.

If you are worried about customs you can always ask them to send the battery / charger seperately from the laser itself for a few more dollars. That should be enough.

You could always simply leave the key inside, but other than that and taking the laser apart I doubt there is any way to leave it unlocked.

On the off chance that customs does manage to confiscate your laser, I don't think you will get any consequences other than losing a $150~ laser... but I wouldn't take my word for it, that's just what I've heard around here.

(Make sure you buy goggles with that, the tiniest reflection from 200 mW can blind you...and if you are expecting to burn things, without safety glasses that will be difficult, if not impossible.)

Last edited:
hey... i noticed that NO ONE PERSON choose to buy this from rayfoss www.rayfoss.com

it seems equal to the focusable 200mw that we all know.... what could be the fidderence?

I am thinking of ordering it today or tomorrow so any other replies would be great. Thanks :)