Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help with Goggles (Wicked vs. Dragon)

So yes, I have read the other threads but this is a little more specific to blue-ray and green on the side as well. Both of the goggles have gotten good reviews on the forum but i just cant decide on which one. I only have around$50 so i know I should go for better goggles but these will do for now.

Wicked Laser Goggles:
http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/Green_532nm_LaserShades-48-16.html

Dragon Lasers Goggles:
http://www.dragonlasers.com/catalog...protection--Laser-safety-glasses-p-16242.html

Are the Wicked Goggles FDA certified? I own a novalsers 15mW and a soon to be Pocket Mini Jayrob Blue-Ray build set at 125 mA. Discount codes are appreciated.

Last edited:

AdamR

I have 2 sets of dragon laser goggles. One of them for green<->violet lasers came with a Hulk Ultra 400 and work fantastic, the other I bought for InfraRed and also work fantastic. Good value too tbh.

D

Deleted member 8382

I wouldn't buy from wicked, go for the OEM as someone said.

Which OEM laser goggles should i get, Visible Alignment or Low OD Hobby? Which specific one? My lasers are a novalsers 15mW and a Pocket Mini Jayrob Blue-Ray build set at 125 mA. Discount codes are appreciated.

k1kb0t

I see it has protection from 200 - 680~, @405nm it will be OD 1 if not more.

Jon

Ya i only have money for one. It will mostly be used for blu-ray burning and maybe a more powerful green later. So which one do you think is the best?

I know this really doesn't matter but what style do you think I should go for?

k1kb0t

I like the look of the default style (35). Later if you get the other pair you can get those in style 36 or 700 so they fit over this pair.

Jon

If you want protection from blu-ray at 405nm as well as green at 532 I would strongly recommend these

ARG - UV, Blu Ray, Argon, Blue, KTP Green Protection ARG Laser Protective Eyewear [NOR-ARG-EN207] - $80.48

Then your next pair should be ones that block red and IR and you'll have yourself all the protection you'll need.

DI4 - Red, Diode, HeNe, IR, 808nm Protection DI4 Laser Protective Eyewear [NOR-DI4-EN207] - $120.35

Those Low OD broadband goggles are extremely dark and will be difficult to see out of. You can't really use broadband goggles, because when you block out all colors of light, you can't see. To make up for that they make the OD value low but it becomes unsafe. With OD 1.5 like those broadband ones there, any more than 75mW has the potential to cause damage even with the goggles on.

So get high OD goggles for each half of the spectrum. It's the only way to be safe for sure.