Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help with first 650nm 300mW build. (not my first laser)

Hay everyone I am new here and was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on my fist 650nm 300mW red laser diode build. To be clear this is not my first laser just the first one I intend to build my self. I own a 150mw already made laser pointer and goggles which are these Protection Glasses for 650nm Red Laser

As stated this will be my first time building a laser and was wondering where to start I have the diode it's self and someone recommended a dorcy flashlight as it already has a driver built in it.

I was just wondering where I could get said flashlight (or one similar) and how to go about installing the diode in it.

I would prefer if it was in Canada or some American outlet that has cheep shipping. The reason I have stated this is that I live in a remote part of Canada and US shipping costs me a lot.

Thanks

LaZeRz

Well mohrenberg has 10 dollar kits (5 dollars on special) which include a heatsink so all you need is batteries driver and laser module your with diode inside

as for a driver pm jib77 or comment on his thread, he makes cheap good drivers that are 10 bucks shipped internationally

pm me for more info

hope i helped :)

alf638

This is a pretty good first project as you have already got a high powered laser. Thanks for buying safety glasses to, to many people who are new to this hobby don't.
LaZeRz advice is all very good and if you want to buil your own driver try this site.
also if you want to spend a bit more you can try a flex drive located here.
As LaZeRs said the hotligts is a good host for your money and you can also try some hosts by ray j neal such as the guidesman.

LaZeRz

U said it all Alf :)

as i said before any help feel free to give me a pm or if alf doesnt mind send him 1 too :D

Have a good weekend Rakivic

LOl people wish they can have a 200mW laser, their laser is probably a 0.1 mw but they are so happy with it that they try to blind people but little do they know the people dont even notice it.......

alf638

Feel free to pm me all day if you want;) , I am always happy to help.

I know this is a little of an old post but jibs drivers wont work for a 650 without modifications. They are way to high powered.
Well mohrenberg has 10 dollar kits (5 dollars on special) which include a heatsink so all you need is batteries driver and laser module your with diode inside

as for a driver pm jib77 or comment on his thread, he makes cheap good drivers that are 10 bucks shipped internationally

pm me for more info

hope i helped :)

Thanks for all the info guys sorry I have not gotten back sooner I was having issues with my computer.

Since jibs drivers wont work does anyone know where I can get ones that would work?
Thanks

Kevlar

Thanks for all the info guys sorry I have not gotten back sooner I was having issues with my computer.

Since jibs drivers wont work does anyone know where I can get ones that would work?
Thanks

What host are you going to put the diode in? The driver will depend on the host. Different drivers have different voltage requirements. There is an endless supply of hosts with different battery configurations.

If you pick a host that only holds a 18650 battery then you will need a boost driver like the flexdrive. Or, most hosts that hold 18650 batteries will also hold to 16340's, that will allow you to use a linear driver like the rkcstr.