Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help With Deadels driver.

I removed the pot like you said. Works like a charm. Burns in seconds. Thanks man.

Check out the multimedia section for my thread and a quick video.

DNMEBOY said:
From what I understand about the 317 is that it needs atleast 6 volts in and puts out 3. Thats all I can tell you. I have also read not to go more than 9 volts in on it but it will handle more but heat up alot. But it will always put out 3 volts.
This is just what I have gathered so far. I may be wrong or slightly off.

There is a data sheet available on it in the thread for DDl's driver.

Ive also read that you need 4-4.5 volts to power a bluray diode. I read that you can power it with DDl's circuit but I dont know how. I will worry about that when I get my bluray diode.

how will i give a blu ray 4 volts if it outputs 3?

That is the part I don't understand or know anything about.

As I said I could be wrong, or what I had read could be wrong.

amkdeath did not correct me if I was wrong so i really don't know.

Im probly not the best person to try and help someone.

But I did build my own burning red. That thing is sweet.

jayhawker08 said:
[quote author=DNMEBOY link=1197258634/45#58 date=1197437464]From what I understand about the 317 is that it needs atleast 6 volts in and puts out 3. Thats all I can tell you. I have also read not to go more than 9 volts in on it but it will handle more but heat up alot. But it will always put out 3 volts.

Ive also read that you need 4-4.5 volts to power a bluray diode. I read that you can power it with DDl's circuit but I dont know how. I will worry about that when I get my bluray diode.

how will i give a blu ray 4 volts if it outputs 3?[/quote]

At least 9V in. ;)

jayhawker08 said:
[quote author=DNMEBOY link=1197258634/45#58 date=1197437464]From what I understand about the 317 is that it needs atleast 6 volts in and puts out 3. Thats all I can tell you. I have also read not to go more than 9 volts in on it but it will handle more but heat up alot. But it will always put out 3 volts.

how will i give a blu ray 4 volts if it outputs 3?[/quote]

let the LM317T wrry about the voltage not you... just plug in at least 9v, a 33 ohm resistor, and boom ur set

DNMEBOY said:
I removed the pot like you said. Works like a charm. Burns in seconds. Thanks man.

Check out the multimedia section for my thread and a quick video.

Your Welcome, and you were the forst person Ive helped on this forum with their forst laser !! Good luck, and take care!

Regards,

amk

amkdeath said:
let the LM317T wrry about the voltage not you... just plug in at least 9v, a 33 ohm resistor, and boom ur set

thanks, i think i am set with my circuit now, just waiting for my diode! ;D appreciate your help

Hey amk, it seems my battery doesnt last long. I almost crapped myself when it stopped working a minute ago.

I popped in a new battery and realized the one had just died.

Did you see the video I made in the multimedia section?

Thread title "Showing off my new red burning 20x garrity" or something like that.

DNMEBOY said:
Hey amk, it seems my battery doesnt last long. I almost crapped myself when it stopped working a minute ago.

I popped in a new battery and realized the one had just died.

Did you see the video I made in the multimedia section?

Thread title "Showing off my new red burning 20x garrity" or something like that.

I dont think I saw the video...

yea I said that the battery you were using was like what, 480mah? thats not enough Im guessing. It will sag very fast. so will 9v batteries.
Try to fit CR123 batts into your laser, those last A LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. (im not yelling, theyre just caps...). If not that, I need to ask some questions:

Can you fit 2 AA batteries in your laser? If yes, then you can use 14500 batteries in the AA holder, those are 3.6 or so volts each.

If not that, try to find a cordless phone battery pack that has good mah and volts. go for at least 7v, 6 is fine, yet 7 and up is better, and a good +600mah (more than 600).

I think that will solve your problem.

regards,

amk

Nice.

I will have to dig out my old cordless phone and check that out.

The pack im using now is only 180 mah.
It died the same day I charged it.

I doubt it had even 30 mins total of runtime.

But the video is in that thread.