Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help with a future purchase.. Didn't know where to post?

tonyt

Hey all!

I'm not exactly sure on where to post this but i was going to buy a flashlight off fleabay in Aus and wondered if this was ok for what they are asking?

It is a HID 8500 Lumen 85W Smart Torch 2000m Range Law Enforce Edition 9300mAh Panasonic Digital Display Battery, USB Out Cree Q5

He wants AUD$265 with free shipping.

I don't want to post the url in case it breaks a rule here about advertisement but if anyone can help me i will pm you the link.. Or if it is ok to post here let me know.

tonyt

Ok, again.. I am an idiot!! lol found exactly the same thing in china for $97!

norbyx

If you want a real nice flashlight buy a Olight SR90 led. HID is nice but it drains batteries pretty fast, led is a bit less powerful but drains very little the batteries, The SR90 for example has about 3 hours of coninuous duty in Hi power and about 8 in low power.
The SR90 is the flashlight I own and I bought it after much reading.

norbyx

Sounds to me like the 1000mw green laser for $50.... Why do you think the olight outputs just 2000 lumens and yet costs $300?? For the same reason that a green 532 laser with 1000mw really costs $1000.
There are companies that put whatever specs look atractive so people buy them.

tonyt

Yeah I totally agree with you..
That's why instead of buying a WL I came to buy a "proper" laser off the members here!

At the same time I really only want to spend $100 an a torch so iI might keep looking..

norbyx

Well you could go to candlepowerforums and see if they have a suggestion for a good flashlight in your price range.