Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help where to buy

Kurvyflats

Looking for a very fine beam laser with very low burning power but bright enough to see spot with adjustable wall mount feature. Planning to use this as a reference guide for placing of sheet with printed markings, so I am able to position said sheet properly provided from the laser point. Qty=2
Thanks.

Hi
Pl520b diode is great for the money
This is one that’s up for sale160mws
Oh post first in the welcome section and tell us a little about your self. Members will be more willing to help 633566335763358
Rich:)

That host looks nicely put together Rich - but the pl520b might be a little overkill for OP's needs? My pl520b build is pretty painful to look at a spot on the wall (sure it's a bit overdriven), so for his needs, OP could absolutely get away with one of the cheaper green diodes, or a 532 module. Not sure if they're after a handheld though...

Kurvyflats - When you say wallmount, do you mean something like this? or where the laser unit is attached to the wall, and projects along the surface? They use special lenses to turn a beam into a line, or project a beam at a very shallow angle so it scatters along the wall in a narrow line.

Kurvyflats

thanks lifetime17 & immo1282 for your replies. i was looking more for a wall bracket to hold laser. a non-battery operated laser will be much preferred. But the main thing is that it must operate hours & hours without overheating & laser dot is very fine & bright. the lines in my printed sheets to aim at is fine as well so fine dot resolution is needed to limit error tolerances.

Attachments

• 61dO-rpcEpL._SX425_.jpg
    61dO-rpcEpL._SX425_.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 2
Ah! Excellent details, thank you :) To operate for hours and hours, you will need a laser with active cooling (fan) or a low-powered one. The easiest way to acquire this is to find a "Lab" style laser. These are designed to be bolted down and run from external power (i.e. a mains power adapter). For brightness, green should be your preferred colour as this is the most visible to the human eye.

How thin do you want the beam to actually be - Many lasers have poor divergence specifications - i.e. they will spread out quite wide, but out of affordable green lasers, you should look for a 532nm DPSS Lab Laser with a rated duty cycle of 100%. Other forum members are likely best placed to advise on divergence.

Kurvyflats

ideally below 0.5 mm diameter dot as max. Will be within 5 feet range. Much appreciate all your help.