Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HELP-What WL lasers do you like and want to get?!?

Gerald

Hi everyone,

Gerald here. Remember, the person who sells really cheap GX'es. No I am not posting in a inappropriate sub-forum. I need some very wise advice from forum members.

Well it turns out now that I am able to get not only Spyders but Fusions, Evolutions, Pulsars, anything in WL's range. I just need your advice on what is the most popular, most sell-able, product in WL's entire range.

You see, if I am able to get a guesstimate on what is the most sell-able model of Lasers from WL, I can buy more of them from a contact, get it at cheaper bulk prices and put it up for sale.

No I am not accepting orders right now but I just need some recommendations on what laser to get and how many of them, like the ratio or something e.g. Fusion: Evo = 2:1 because the fusion is _________ than the Evo.
That type of thing.

It would be most greatly appreciated if anyone could give me some advice on that. But as usual, no promises that the lasers will be bought, I just need some kind advice from you knowledgeable forum members.

And Mods, if you find this thread inappropriate please help me move it to the correct section. If it is against the rules to post this, please delete it. I read the rules it doesn't seem to go against any of them :)

Let me know soon, thanks a tonne in advance!

Gerald
p.s. I just read through my post, too many "advice" used. pardon me.

S

SenKat

Re: URGENT - Need HELP on what to get from WL, ple

Nope - your post does not violate any rules - it does bring up the question in my mind of, " HOW do you get the Wicked products cheaper than anyone else can ?" In other words, folks (including me) will wonder if this stuff FELL OFF THE TRUCK or exactly what is going on here ! Sorry to be so pessimistic, but if you can satisfy my curiousity, then others may feel a little more at ease ! And FYI - no offense intended by this post !

heh lets hope those lasers fell lightly ay ;).... sorry to say this mate but just looking around this forum lately it seems WL would not be the most popular to sell atm. though it would depend a fair bit on how big that discount is. i can imagine it now the "Great laser heist" i have dramatic images of high speed car chases and oceans type cunning popping to mind....

I am with SenKat on this one, a bit more info would be great. Also would any warranties be honoured by WL or yourself as a reseller so to speak?

Gerald

Neauuuu.
The lasers were obtained legally.
Legally in the sense that there IS an Order ID provided. So if I were to order like 10 Fusions, the Order ID would show that 10 Fusions were ordered and delivered.

*I have to sell off my Spyders first. Before I start selling these, is 900USD shipped a good price, or is it still too much for a damn Spyder?

BUT I am not the person ordering it as I placed the order through another guy.
I really do not know HOW he manages to get that sort of prices, I would just like to know how many of each I should buy so that it is easy to sell as it is popular amongst members in either LPF and LC.

Again, they do not come from shady places. And certainly did not fall off a truck (I am located in Singapore, not Chinaaa), and WL did not give me extra sets. Even I do not know how I am able to get such a good deal and NO, I am not lying. Because they have the order ID's.

About warranty. I just have to send a authorization letter to WL support stating that you purchased the laser from me and that I authorize you to do the RMA on my behalf, so the RMA'ed laser will be sent to your address in the States or whatever.
You can check that out with Peter from support about that.

I am not a reseller. I am just merely a good guy providing decent discounts.
Pricing of the lasers have NOT been finalized yet as this is still in its "initial" stages of planning so I am not too sure what I want my profits to be and whether it is more worth it to sell this or that and at how much, I am in the middle of my mid years right now :)

BUT I can guarantee you, that the discounts are decent. They are not pathetic 5-10% discounts but then again, I have not finalized it yet. I need some sort of quantity to buy them in first coz I really do not know what is popular amongst who.

Any questions, just ask, and ask away. I am more than glad to answer you.
Just do not ask me how much I got them for because you know that I cannot answer that. Where is the fun in that?? Besides I will not want to reveal that as it is just not correct. Not correct in the sense of doing business, one should never reveal his costs, am I correct on that one?

I want to reiterate that the lasers have their Order ID's, which will be given to the buyers once they get it.

Hope I answered most questions, let me know if there are anymore you want answered.

Gerald

K

kingzilla

I would suggest that you get some Evoluton 125 and/or 95s. Maybe some Pulsar 125's. Reason is the evos are extremely expensive buy they look really nice, so maybe it'll give people a chance to try them out. If you get some Evo 95 or 125s I will deffinatly be interested.

Gerald

Evolutions. They are about 50USD more expensive than the Fusion range right?
Or did you mean the Pulsars that are the expensive ones?

I honestly have no idea of what to get - yes I can get both close to anything so as long as it is a laser, no accessories except for maybe the caps set.

Let me know, through PM, exactly what you are looking at.
Gtg now.

Gerald

S

SenKat

Pulsars, and Sonars ! ::)

Would def be interested in the Sonar, I think Senkat is right about that and the Pulsars as most ppl on here have greens already. The Evo I think we need to see if the new 125mW perform to spec but the cap set makes the Exec's a better bet imo.

S

SenKat

Gerald - the only thing that prevents me from feeling warm and fuzzy about this prospect is this : Wicked is famous (or is that infamous ?) for delivering damaged goods - lasers that mode shift, will not burn when they are supposed to, etc. So - the thing is, would YOU pay for us to return shipping for RMA if it arrives bad out of the box ? Would you invest in a lasercheck to test them yourself prior to shipping, to cinfirm the quality of what you are selling ? What assurances are there "after the sale" for this type of deal ?

Gerald

Sorry for the bad phrasing am in a hurry, not much time to structure sentences ;p lol

What I would very much like to know is - exactly WHAT model you guys want.
I know Pulsars, but exactly what type of Pulsar there are 3 models.

Are you very sure you will pay say 75% of retail for a Sonar???
I am hesitant to get high value items like the Spyder anymore as it is very hard to sell.
If I fix a price for the Sonars, I need some assurance from you that you WILL get it from me :)

Btw, whats the hype about the Pulsars? Are they powerful like the Fusion or..

About the Evos and Execs. They say that the Exec is more powerful if you get the cap set?
SO which one is better selling, Evos or Execs+cap set?

And to reply to SenKat, I hope you feel very warm and fuzzy about that.
Okay so wicked is known to deliver DOA stuff. Okay.

It makes no sense for me, to pay for shipping to you, and then pay for shipping for RMA to China if it is DOA. If the shipping from the States or UK cost like 30USD, I do not mind paying that. It is just that I do not have that laser check thing. How much is it?
Could you lend it to me for a while?

I fully understand that when you get stuff, especially NIB stuff, they should not arrive DOA.
I am still deciding whether or not I will test the laser myself by getting the laser check thing, or should I just ship it to you for you to test if it is dead/defective, and you pay for shipping.
I am very sure that the prices I am offering will still be lower than retail with return shipping costs added in.

That said, I do not know how much a laser check is, and I have not much use for it unless someone wants to buy mine when I am done with it in 1-2 months time?

And my assurances for this selling of the lasers would TENTATIVELY be:
1. If it arrives DOA, I will either pay for your RMA costs, or some percentage of that. OR I will let you pay RMA costs yourself given that I too, received the lasers DOA. But then again, don't flame me on that because I have NOT decided on which to choose. I'm thinking the percentage thing is most fair for us.

2. IF the laser dies like say 3 days later - or 2 months later, then RMA costs would be fully paid by you because the items were delivered in full working order? How is this one?

3. The lasers are definitely genuine from WL, lol, I don't think anyone will make fake lasers. That said, Order ID, is provided as well.

And lastly I want to know how much it costs to send a package, say a 1KG package from the States to China. Not too sure if it is more worth it for ME to send the package to China from Singapore or if the difference is not that much, get you to do it.

Then again, I am not too sure what is the percentage of lasers that will be defective. Seriously, I do not think that it will exceed 20% (1 in 5 lasers) or WL will be losing money - big time.

I hope I answered most of everyone's questions please ask if there are more questions or suggestions to put forward.

Also, I need to know exactly what make and model and the sort of proportion of lasers to buy. I am sure I will not be getting say 5 Sonars to sell because it is too hard to do so as it is very expensive.

Thanks!

Gerald

K

kingzilla

Well depending on the price you can sell them at, I would either a Evolution 125 or a Pulsar 125. :)

Gerald

And one more thing to elaborate about the Sonars and other lasers that cost more than 1K USD like the Spyders is that,

I feed that Very little people would actually buy it even though it is considered cheap.
Like the Spyder GX, it retails for 1740USD and even if I lower the price to 900USD which is almost HALF the price, very few people have approached me to get it. What I am thinking is that although it is 900USD and really cheap, they do not want to/are not prepared to spend so much on a laser.

Guess I will have to list on eBay next week as I have a whole bunch of Spyder's taking up my precious closet space. If you want to buy them from me in BULK meaning 2 sets or more, send a PM. You can resell them, whatever.

So, I am more inclined to get the cheaper 500USD lasers rather than the 1K + type.

Any suggestions in the exact ratio / quantity to buy?

Gerald

Gerald

Moderator said:
Well depending on the price you can sell them at, I would either a Evolution 125 or a Pulsar 125. :)

Okay, PM me the price you have in mind, shipped.
Will see how it is.
Don't worry I will not be insulted or anything but just to let you know the prices will not be that of the Spyder's.
Definitely LESS than 50% off retail.

Just PM me the price you are prepared to pay for it k?

Thanks.

Gerald

Gerald said:
Then again, I am not too sure what is the percentage of lasers that will be defective. Seriously, I do not think that it will exceed 20% (1 in 5 lasers) or WL will be losing money - big time.

Sorry, but I gotta agree with SenKat here. Even if you had a lasercheck, its a good first step but you really gotta know what to look out for. 20% is too low of an estimate IMO, but the thing is that in order to really check all the specs - average power, stability, divergence, etc, you need a good logging setup and a beam profile - that's a $6.5k+ package. How many people have $6.5k of equipment to test out their Spyders? I don't know a single hobbyist who even has a beam profile to start with.

So WL gets away with it. THey don't have to meet spec as long as <20% can tell they don't.

So far I've tested 4 Spyder II Gx lasers. Every one fails to meet at least 2 parts of the WL spec... so you can understand why I have trouble believing a <20% out-of-spec rate.

Gerald

Gosh, I did not know about that.
So when I actually ship them, what would you guys be testing the Spyders for?

I mean if it is BOUND to fail in one category, does that mean shipping costs for RMA HAS to be paid? Or are you just going to simply accept it as it is for those 1-2 failed categories do not affect the laser performance much?

that is my main concern - what defines a faulty /DOA /defective laser :p\

Gerald