Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HELP PLEASE

jman11

Ok, i am making a 405 nm 100mW laser following styropyro's guide and i have some questions.

1)  in the process of putting my diode into my housing i kinda broke the little "glass window" thing will it still work?
2)  I need a 100mA driver and i cant find one, the place it says to get one in the guide is sold out and wont have one in stock till the 27th. :(
3)  I have heard that you have to have a license to make a laser of this class is this true?

Thanks

Ok, i am making a 405 nm 100mW laser following styropyro's guide and i have some questions.

1)  in the process of putting my diode into my housing i kinda broke the little "glass window" thing will it still work?
It may do but you will need to get the broken glass out of the way to get a good beam
2)  I need a 100mA driver and i cant find one, the place it says to get one in the guide is sold out and wont have one in stock till the 27th.
Make a DDL driver with bits from radio shack
3)  I have heard that you have to have a license to make a laser of this class is this true?
they are not legal but you are just assembling parts that are freely available....

Regards rog8811

jman11

thanks for your help and you mean to say that the laser i am making is illegal...sweet! ;D

jman11 said:
thanks for your help and you mean to say that the laser i am making is illegal...sweet! ;D

Actually, this is not true.  The FDA is in charge of lasers, but they can only regulate sales.  It would be illegal to buy or sell a fully-made laser, but it is not illegal to build (and use) it yourself.  However, it is still illegal to use this in a way that could cause harm to someone else.  And that wouldn't be cool.  

-Mark