Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help picking the right LD driver

Dmax

Hi guys , I use to work with huge water cooled gas lasers many years ago (about 20 years) but have been out of the game for some time. now that there are so many laser diodes about I've been tempted to get back into the game at a hobby level so I'm putting together a small laser show projector. I have a set of Galvos and drivers, I'm still working on the controller for those. I also have a Green and Blue Laser diodes and drivers but I've not got the Red so I'm looking at buying this one USHIO HL63283HD 638nm 1200mW from Ebay (Link below) , I would like to know what would be the best driver for this unit and could I modulate this diode with the right driver ?
any help would be much appreciated. thanks for reading :)

Welcome to forums,safe with high power laser
I think you shouldn't choose this diode,it's have bad divergence,you can choose sharp 700mw diode,it is new diode with lowest divergence,can reach 900mw

about driver,you can use driver from dtr
or xwossee on ebay:https://www.ebay.com/usr/x-wossee?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
you also use LM317,LM350,LM338

Dmax

thank you for your reply, I spoke to the guy that runs DTR and was informed that I can not modulate the sharp 700mw diode, I'm not really bothered about the divergence of the USHIO for now as I just want to get something up and running :)