Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help opening metal TO CAN

Hello! During my phd I had to open many metal can pin diodes usually this model
I could't find any way to open the diode without dirting the silicon surface with glass or metal. I thought that maybe some of you have more experience but I couldn find a post about this problem.

Best Regards

PD: if anyone cares I work in heavy ion radiation damage in electronics

HI,
yes what BT said a de caning tool from that company , works great i have done many with it.

Rich:)

Hello! During my phd I had to open many metal can pin diodes usually this model
I could't find any way to open the diode without dirting the silicon surface with glass or metal. I thought that maybe some of you have more experience but I couldn find a post about this problem.

Best Regards

PD: if anyone cares I work in heavy ion radiation damage in electronics

Why do you want to de-can a PIN Photodiode :thinking:

Jerry

Thank you all for your answers. I knew about the Thor labs tool, I was trying to find something cheaper because I have to pay a lot for shipping to Argentina. Why I want to de-can a pin diode? Because I work with alpha particles and heavy ions, the regular ion detectors get damaged when recieve a high flux of particles and also de pin diodes. But the pin diodes are cheaper(10US$ vs 200-2000US$), but I have to remove the glass. Leaving dust over the surface decrease the energy resolution of the detector.

Ask Jordan (DTR) if he can help. He's done it in the past for LPF members. Failing that I think Dave (Super moderator) had a decanning tool? :beer:

Reactions: GSS