Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help needed from experienced laser builder please?

Hi i am not new to lasers but I would like to build my own. I would like preferable a 300<mW green/blue or red handheld laser. I don't have the equipment to solder so is there a way of building a powerful laser like this without doing any soldering? Even going to the extent of buying pre-made pieces?! And also how much would it cost?!?

TuhOz

Welcome to the forums...

You made 2 threads of the same thing?

'Search' button is your friend... and read stickies too.

You can't delete a Thread...
You need to ask a Mod or the Admin to do that for you...

As to your question you will need to do a little research and
reading on the Forum..
You can start in the Buy/Sell/Trade sections on the Forum
for Parts and the Tutorials section for build knowledge...

Jerry

Yes, Survival laser sells some kits which I believe do not require soldering...google survival laser to find his website. Also, there is a guy on eBay selling the "warrior laser" which I also believe does not require and soldering skills. His lasers sell for around $200 and from what I can tell seems to be a decent build quality. I have not purchased either of these and am not affiliated in any way...just remember looking at these a while back.

Good luck and please be safe (use goggles) if you end up constructing your own!

Also,
You can buy a soldering iron on eBay for under $15 shipped...there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube on how to solder....probably the most rewarding way to tackle your desires IMHO...why take all the fun out of the experience?

sinner

Welcome to the forums, If you are not into building or soldering one for yourself, you should buy a laser online,
The online suppliers we trust are:
-Lazerer
-Optotronics
-O-like
-laserglow and a few others.. check their websites u will definitely find something of your interest..