Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help!!!! Need an advice (green laser)

rodwlz

I'm relatively new on the laser world and I'm interested on buy a good laser that I can see the beam during the night and a normal (not really lit) room; I know lasers are not toys and they need a great responsibility so, which MW is good for that and safety for my surrounding and eyes? ( I was thinking on a 10,20 or 30 mw) but what you guys think about?

and also if you could send me a good site/store that make international shipping with good quality I'll be thankful

Thanks you guys and have a great day

APEX1

you should look into the 520nm wavelength much nicer color but which route you decide to go with you will need safety glasses with anything over 5mw just to be safe

Last edited:

rodwlz

Another question does the 10 mw is able to be seen on night or should I get the 30 mw?

Lookyp

Even a 1mw can be seen at night outside. My old 1mw is a great sky pointer!

diachi

Another question does the 10 mw is able to be seen on night or should I get the 30 mw?

I'd go for 30mW, that should be plenty visible at 532nm. Not sure how visible it is at 520nm as I've never had one ;).

Lookyp

532nm is good too. My 5mw is 532nm and is very visible in dark areas

My 30mW 532nm is awesome at night, beam totally visible in clear air. Visible beam indoors with moderate lighting also. Gotta love that DPSS low divergence beam too!

Last edited:

GSS

Thats a nice one all of thier products are. Treat it nice! Its not an ebay cheapie even though it might look it. You will feel the difference as soon as you pick it up. Im not not saying not to treat any laser nice! This Optotronics has the potential to last for years. They come in a bit overspec as im sure you read. I read a post from way back that Optotronics doesnt want you to use the higher voltage Eveready lithions and not to put any thing higher than regular alkalines, mabey you should check up on that, Enjoy:yh:

rodwlz

I also was looking by a nova laser but the store dosent seem to work any ideas why?