Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help me with the best Sanwu lasee

Sowee7

Honestly, they will all burn. Its all about preference! If you want a crazy powerful boring blue, hit the 7W

If you want a pretty and stunning 5W, Id so go for the 470!!

If you want a bright intense green beam which is probably visible in daylight, hell, get the 1.6W green

Id personally go for that 5W 470nm!!
The 470 isn’t actually 470 though, they are using 462-465nm diodes

Encap

The first two words and the last word in the thread title pretty much tells the tale, that and the imagination driven imaginary world nonsense comments. 🤣

Sowee7

The first two words and the last word in the thread title pretty much tells the tale, that and the imagination driven imaginary world nonsense comments. 🤣
Finally, someone that says this, the whole conversation was dumb, also I feel like I need to say this again, there is NO 470nm diode in the sanwu laser thing, it’s just a 462nm or 465nm diode. or They might have overdriven their 465nm diode To 470 but that lowers the lifespan by a lot.

AquaticHarpy

Its still a different color than 450 and in my opinion much prettier and its just different

i had a choice recently between the 7.5w blue and the 470nm 5w blue, i went with the 5w for the brighter blue and the slightly tighter beam profile, my buddy has the 7w blue sanwu and i can tell you side by side there isnt that much difference in burning power for regular people or at least for us playing with them, where there is a difference is burning distance, i can burn a wasp nest up to about 12feet with the 5w 470nm and my biddies 7w can reach out about 20ft (keep in mind wasp nest are basicly dark paper)

though i have to point out where using differnt lenses i have a g8 and beam expander and hes useing the stock 3 elament and 3x expander.

the main difference between the two is the brighter and more vibrant blue of the 470nm and the slighly tighter beam profile allowed me to use a g8 lens and get about the same end beam size as my buddies 7w blue sanwu and if your just playing around burning pests there close enough it dosnt matter

i just wanted to point out the 470nm 5w sanwu is a 465nm blue being slightly overdriven to achieve a shift to 470

sorry about all the bad spelling and all hope it help

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
You should see how many he's deleted...