Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help me please.

Hello its my first post, im spanish (sorry for my english)  :p
Here in spain the 10mw is ilegal !!
I want my first green laser pointer.
I see a lot of people got the x105
whats the difference between the x105 and the 105 alpha series?

its only the safety? (no important for me)
more average power?
the beam is more visible and more large? (this is important for me)
how many milles of large is the beam of the x105? and the alpha 105?

Hi Peter, welcome. I believe the only different between the 2 are the duty cycle and size.

S

SenKat

I will be posting a review of the Alpha 85 shortly, and will be using a new X-85 to compare it with in the photos....so some, if not most , or even ALL your questions should be answered at that time :)

G !

whay the people dont talks about the beam distance??
one x105, how many distance got aproximately?

S

SenKat

The beam distances area falacy.....in THEORY - the beam goes on forever, but if you do the math, considering the divergence of the laser, the spot would be huge after a few miles...

Things

well beam distance is not really important for lasers, it's the mW's, and the divergence, and sometimes the duty cycles. and it's not really possible to get an accurate beam distance, so it's not all that impotant

hello lords, a lot of time whitout write. (me)
I got other doubt:
Whay the price rises a lot between the x105 and the x125?
I dont understand. thanks for the help.
the day of my requested is near.

the x125 are considered "freak units" because CNI doesnt make them past 100mw(or was it 80mw), so they are rare and cost a lot more.

Rhith

actually <90mW says so on their boxes. but as he said, they are very rare units and that's why it costs so much more.

yes, making lasers is a lot like making computer CPUs in this regard. CPU companies like Intel or AMD don't actually know how fast a CPU will be (even ones of the same design and model) until after they're made and tested out, and the really fast CPUs are rare, so if you look at CPU prices there's always a huge huge price jump between the fastest available, and the second or third fastest.

it's the same with the output power (mW) of lasers - you don't know how much power it's going to output til after it's been made and tested, and the >125mW CNI pens are really rare so they're sold at a much higher price than the >105mWs.

"divergence" es importante para distancia con un "laser". Despues de tres millas el punto es 5 metro en diametro con un "laser" con 1.0 mRad "divergence". Es un Milimetro en diametro para un metro en distancia.

Yo tengo un "Fusion" de "WickedLasers" y el "divergence" es 1.0mRad. El diametro de el rayo de el "laser" es grande para un "laser", mas que 1.6 milimetro. Un "laser" de "NOVAlasers" tiene un rayo con un diametro de 1.0 milimetro, pero un "divergence" es 1.2 mRad.

No me gusta "WickedLaser" porque mi "laser" es malo. Yo estoy comprando un "laser" para "Novalasers" porque is mejor que "WickedLasers" en mi opinion.

Me arrepiento para mi espanol, es no bueno!

For anyone who doesn't speak horrible spanish like me:

Divergence is important for the distance of a laser. After 3 miles the point is about 5 meters in diameter with a laser with 1.0 mRad. It is a millimeter in diameter for every meter in distance.

I have a Fusion from Wicked Lasers with a divergence of 1 mRad. The diameter of the beam is more than 1.6mm, which is big for a laser. A laser from Novalasers has a beam diameter of 1.0mm at the laser pointer but the divergence is 1.2mRad.

I don't like wickedlasers because my laser is not too good. I am buying a laser from Novalasers because their lasers are better in my opinion.

ok, the x125 is more expensive because is more rare but:
where I can see the difference whit the x105?
which is the component so expensive?
thanks for the help again.

other thing: I want Alpha Series whit 1.5mm beam diameter. PLEASE.