Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

help me build a burning laser pls

okay i have all the parts for my burning laser, i  have  2 diodes from a dvd writer,  
1 i.r.

1 red

and a empty red laser focusing module,

i have a small handy flashlight too

one i got off ebay
Operated by 1X CR123A lithium battery, i gonna convert it into a pointer body

dont need to use a driver really do i, i seen the videos on youtube and they dont use them.

. what voltage batteries shall i use, cr2 ?  cr123 ?     1 or 2 batteries ? , what pins do i connect the power to

and with the ir will that light stuff and burn stuff 2 ?
or can i put the ir in my low powered green laser to make it a high powered one

teach me, feed me info plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  :(

Someone didn't read the thread at the top of every section entitled "Basic FAQs: Read Before Posting!".

Start there. There is plenty of great info on here, everything you need to know to build any diode laser you want to build. Read, figure out what you want to do and what you need to do it, and do it. Then, when you have specific problems, people will be happy to help you. But "I don't understand this small detail" is ALWAYS preferable to "I don't know anything and want you to teach me and spoonfeed me everything". People have spent a lot of time making tutorials, introductory pages, everything. Read the "stickies" in Tutorials, Help, and Repairs, and the stickies in Experiments and Modifications. Those are great places to start.

MERCERLESS said:
okay i have all the parts for my burning laser, i  have  2 diodes from a dvd writer,  
1 i.r.

1 red

and a empty red laser focusing module,

i have a small handy flashlight too

[highlight]one i got off ebay[/highlight]
Operated by 1X CR123A lithium battery,  i gonna convert it into a pointer body

dont need to use a driver really do i, i seen the videos on youtube and they dont use them.

. what voltage batteries shall i use, cr2 ?  cr123 ?     1 or 2 batteries ? , what pins do i connect the power to

and with the ir will that light stuff and burn stuff 2 ?
or can i put the ir in my low powered green laser to make it a high powered one

teach me, feed me info plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss  :(

Show me the listing or Item number of the exact one you got off eBay.... maybe I can help
with that one... :)

dont need to use a driver really do i, i seen the videos on youtube and they dont use them

it makes me sad when i hear people say that.

MERCERLESS if you want a reliable and stable laser you need a driver

unless the flashlight has a suitable built-in driver of course

is it the dorcy junior

spaceman_hux said:
dont need to use a driver really do i, i seen the videos on youtube and they dont use them

it makes me sad when i hear people say that.

MERCERLESS if you want a reliable and stable laser you need a driver

unless the flashlight has a suitable built-in driver of course

is it the dorcy junior

I purchased one of the Dorcy Jr builds that uses the Dorcy boost driver and a resistor to power a 16x Red diode..... it didnt last very long.  I replaced it with a 22x open can diode and it lasted much longer and was good, and could burn.  I then upgraded it with a Micro flex drive....... the difference was like nite and day!  That dorcy driver is way underpowered for driving a LOC diode.  It used to take 5-10 seconds to light a "strike anywhere" match, it now lights the same matches in less than 2 seconds.  Sooooo, yes, if you want optimal performance, use a driver!!!

Ted

EDIT: Wait a minute, arent you the one that thinks its cool to point lasers at aircraft? if thats the case, you have no business owning a laser, much less, a burning laser!!!