Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help finding good rechargeable CR2's for my Endeavor 250.

rathat

I need help finding good CR2 batteries and charger.
This was the only charger I could find DealExtreme: $5.39 CR2 Battery Charger but it seems to charge only batteries at the same level, I cant seem to find a better quality one.
And batteries are hard to find, should I get Li-ion ones? and what brand is good?
There are varying mAh and voltages and I just have no idea what to look for!

Well, for the batteries, you're looking for 3V rechargeables. IIRC, the Endeavour doesn't support the standard 3.7V RCR2s, and since I haven't seen anyone making 3.2V LiFePO4 CR2s, you're going to have to find one with a regulation circuit. I believe DX had a set of 2 on their site. The mAh rating just says what the capacity of the battery is, and while that also dictates the maximum discharge rate, you're not likely to run into that with a small handheld laser, I think.

As for charging, I'd probably try to find a good CR123 charger and use spacers. I use an UltraFire WF-138 for my CR123s, and it shouldn't be too hard to find or make some metal spacers for CR2s to fit in there. If you're looking for a good quality charger though, you'll probably be looking at the Pila IBC and some longer spacers.

yea idk why but in my local stores i can never find Cr2's i have to buy them offline then again ive never heard of Cr2's untill using lasers