Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HELP! dvd diode not workin but drawing current

S

SenKat

Do you have a "proper" diode housing to place it in ? If not - Aixiz will most certainly help you out ! I am currently waiting on modules with glass lenses in them - Wednesday the 30th will be the two week time frame they quoted me - NOT that I am impatient, or anything ! LOL !!! Take a look on Ebay for single modules from Aixiz - they are reputable, and the housings are easy to work with. I cannot wait to see your success ! Yes - short periods of time most likely will not kill it like that. I forgot whether you have tried a 10 Ohm resistor or not yet ? If not - give it a shot ! Are you using rechargeables ? If so - try adding a third cell to the mix, lower the initial voltage with a 1N4001 (double check my previous posts to be sure - it IS late for me !) and that will drop the voltage down to good levels !

Thories --

We're trying to teach Ohm's Law +++ here in pieces. Hope you understand.
SenKat's recommendation for the use of a 1N4001 diode will drop drive voltage by 0.7 volts. That makes a BIG difference in LD current when going to three cells. Very important info there.....

Mike