Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help choosing driver

Hey everyone! I need a little help choosing a driver to replace the one currently in my host. I'm sure a lot of you have heard of or remember a gentleman by the name of Eitan, in 2015 I purchased a laser from him. It was called the Arcane 2.0. After 6 years of use, one day it went dim and then basically stopped working all together. I am still new to this stuff even though I have had this for so many years, so I need help locating a new driver for this. Im not sure but I believe this was a 1.8 or possibly 2 watt diode. I would like to know where I can find a new driver for this so I can repair it, but more importantly suggestions on specifically which driver would work well with this. I prefer to do this only once, so I dont mind spending a little more on a good quality part rather than save a few $, because I want to get the same or better quality and years of use I got out of the original one. Obviously someone that was familiar with this specific laser may know exactly what it needs. Thank you all for your time, and

The guy you purchased that laser from lived in Israel and he got greedy and stopped sending lasers out to people who paid for them. You might have some luck finding a 1.8 amp driver if that laser of yours uses an M140 diode at DTR's site. That would be my best guess.

Yes, I've heard the stories, not sure if it was greed or drugs ....but either way. I appreciate the input, I'm wondering now if I should just build a new more powerful one with this host rather than guessing what I have in there and what to get to get for it, the diode is already almost a decade old with lot's of use.

That's hard to say. Most of those diodes are quite old now and finding a source for them won't be easy. But, they were much better divergence-wise than the higher power diodes available now. Good luck to you.