Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help buying a cheap laser

Hey there.

Just to get this out I am very much not a laser pro by any means and was just looking about to get a cool laser (for sh*ts and giggles) and wanted to show them to pros because I don't know which one is legit or not. I would like a 5mw laser (blue, red, or green) and found a couple on ebay... they all seems kinda sketchy but was wondering if any of them were worth buying.

5mW Blue Violet Purple Laser Pointer Pen 405nm Visible Light Beam High Power | eBay

10 Miles High Power Red Laser Pointer Lazer Pen 5mW 650nm Beam Light Military US | eBay

10 Miles 532nm 5mW 303 Green Laser Pointer Lazer Pen Beam Light 2 18650 Charger | eBay

Military High Power Blue Purple Laser Pointer Pen 5mW 405nm Burning Beam Lazer | eBay

Also I am going to purchase these glasses for safety! (also would like to know if they are a good buy) Laser Safety Glasses Goggles 190nm 540nm Green Purple Blue USA Seller | eBay

Just for a tad more info, I am kinda on a tight budget so i really don't want to go over $20.

Thanks for reading this and I appreciate any sort of help you have to offer!

diachi

Hey there.

Just to get this out I am very much not a laser pro by any means and was just looking about to get a cool laser (for sh*ts and giggles) and wanted to show them to pros because I don't know which one is legit or not. I would like a 5mw laser (blue, red, or green) and found a couple on ebay... they all seems kinda sketchy but was wondering if any of them were worth buying.

5mW Blue Violet Purple Laser Pointer Pen 405nm Visible Light Beam High Power | eBay

10 Miles High Power Red Laser Pointer Lazer Pen 5mW 650nm Beam Light Military US | eBay

10 Miles 532nm 5mW 303 Green Laser Pointer Lazer Pen Beam Light 2 18650 Charger | eBay

Military High Power Blue Purple Laser Pointer Pen 5mW 405nm Burning Beam Lazer | eBay

Also I am going to purchase these glasses for safety! (also would like to know if they are a good buy) Laser Safety Glasses Goggles 190nm 540nm Green Purple Blue USA Seller | eBay

Just for a tad more info, I am kinda on a tight budget so i really don't want to go over $20.

Thanks for reading this and I appreciate any sort of help you have to offer!

Most of those lasers are likely more than 5mW - and thus NOT eye safe - you can't trust the power ratings on cheap Chinese junk like that. For example, my "5mW" 532nm (Actually the same one you linked to) reaches 93mW. If they were actually 5mW then you wouldn't need safety glasses.

You can buy any of those - they are all likely equally terrible - they are cheap so don't expect anything special from any of them. Sometimes you get lucky. I've had several cheap lasers like that break after 5 minutes. You get what you pay for.

I wouldn't trust my eyes to those glasses - It's your eyesight and once it's gone it's gone - spend the $40 or so needed for a proper pair of glasses.

For $20 you're going to get junk. Do some reading around the forum - all this has been discussed countless times before.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
OK, if you had to recommend a good starting laser on the cheaper side what would that laser be. Also, what would a trusty brand for glasses be. I rather spend more to stay safe and protect my eyes.