Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help, Broken Thor H2?

andresdelosreyes77

Hello, my Thor H2 just arrived and It didnt turn on.
After checking, I saw that the chip isn't connected to the diode, I have a welder at home, what should I do? Anyone with the same problem? I think that applies to any laser
Would really appreciate some help :)

gazer101

Are you able to post any photos? It seems that soldering the "chip" (driver circuit I assume) to the laser diode would resolve the issue as you are describing it

andresdelosreyes77

Are you able to post any photos? It seems that soldering the "chip" (driver circuit I assume) to the laser diode would resolve the issue as you are describing it
Yes, It seems like soldering would solve It, but I think It was glued or something, and the diode is like too Deep and I dont know if I can take It apart to solder it, I think not

Attachments

• IMG_20220907_091057.jpg
    IMG_20220907_091057.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 8

gazer101

I don't have that particular laser but it looks to me like the housing holding the diode in place has broken apart somehow... best to try and get it refunded since safely removing a diode (and reintegrating into a new housing) is a risky process... they must have shipped a defective product

andresdelosreyes77

I understand... sad news to hear, but actually that's what I expected.
I will speak with the shop today, as there have only passed like 3 days and the warranty is 30 days, soon as I get the laser again i'll repost, but I expect at least one month of wait 🤦‍♂️

andresdelosreyes77

Hello, my Thor H2 just arrived and It didnt turn on.
After checking, I saw that the chip isn't connected to the diode, I have a welder at home, what should I do? Anyone with the same problem? I think that applies to any laser
Would really appreciate some help :)
Its okay now

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Please stop spamming the forum with the same posts. Especially the posts where you reply to yourself with "."
I had to clean up a bunch of it which I do not get paid to do. Thank you for your cooperation.