Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello

Hello all!

Long time reader first time poster here. Figured I'd introduce myself before I started asking questions.

I am located in the Central US, and already own a few lasers ordered from Lazerer, a 50mw green, 100mw violet, and a 200mw green on the way (if Lazerer ever decides to ship it).

I've already done quite a bit of reading before even creating an account here, this forum is great!

IsaacT

Welcome aboard! If you have any questions feel free to PM me :beer: Stay safe and order a pair of glasses while you're on the buying spree, your optical orbs will thank you later.

I bought some cheapo glasses from Amazon, on the fence about ordering a nicer pair, but I plan on only using the laser outdoors, so I'm not sure.

This is the laser i ordered,

LZCR - 532nm 200mW High Power DPSS Green Laser Pointer

I have read a bit about how green lasers put out a lot of Infrared light if unfiltered, is that likely to be the case with this one?

If so, the cheap glasses I ordered will do nothing for me, and I should order glasses such as these, right?

Eagle Pair® 190-540nm & 800-2000nm Laser Safety Goggles