Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello!

Hello,

Happened to come across a video of making a laser out of a dvdrom (guessin who here hasn't seen it lol) and found a link to this forum. This is infact my first laser project and looking forward to working on it and learning about this world of lasers. Seems like this place is filled with great ideas and information, i cant wait to dig deeper.

Zach

i cant wait to dig deeper

Be ready to dig deeper into your pockets as well, once the bug bites you will find it very easy to spend all of your money on laser parts.

To make sure none of that money is wasted, search the forums for information, ask questions if you are not sure and most of all enjoy your new hobby. :)

Regards rog8811

haha, I can see that happening already. Although it seems like most of the components, at least for the do-it-yourself dvd laser are relatively cheap; 12 dollars for a driver, 4 for the enclosure for the diode, its just the buyin in bulk that's gonna get me (know i'm gonna mess up eventually). Although, fortunately for me, I work in my companies IT dept, so I might have to start 'sabotaging' some dvd roms :p