Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello!

Fyildome

This is my "ghetto" laser at 445nm 800 mW, i did use lm317T voltage regulator with 1.2 ohm resistor
and 2x 18650 batteries.

Fyildome

ghetto 150Mw.jpg

This is my "Ghetto_2" laser at 532nm 150mW, using ready driver and I did add usb charging board to charge the 18650 battery.

Fyildome

pointer.jpg

This is my 532nm 50mW laserpointer using 2x AAA batteries + some starcaps :)

Fyildome

diodit.jpg

Here I have 2x some red 660nm red laser diodes (150mW) and on the left I have 2W 445nm Diode ready to be seated in laserhousing.
( currently waiting for laserdrivers)

Fyildome

At this point I MUST say, that i'm not going to post pictures of them lasing, because I bought safety goggles from LaserLands and I have to know Is it safe to use them (goggles) with such powerful lasers.

Fyildome

PS. sorry for the messy pic and room! I always have some project going on so it gets dirty all thetime :D

Those are some very homemade lasers, alright. As time goes on and you spend more time here, you will learn how to make a more professional laser. You needn't use any wood or large proto-boards to build outdated linear drivers. These can all be put into lab hosts or larger pointer style lasers. Buck and boost drivers with higher efficiencies are preferred over LM317 based linear drivers. Thanks for sharing them. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Also, you don't need to post each laser in a different post. You can get many more into a single post. This is preferred over posting many individual posts, one after another. (y)