Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello! :wave:

LazNC

yeah i dont fuck with my eyes. i wont even let the eyedoctor do lasic surgery to fix my already horrible eyesight.
I've got a spectrum of laser eye goggles (well... 4 of them.) with the wavelengths stamped on the sides. UV, IR, red and green. They were from my highschool electronics club, so if they were meant for highschool kids they cant be that bad ;P
Im sure they're safe enough for low power diodes... i'll probably invest in a special pair for the co2 if i go that route. i'd also like to find a really nice big 'safety' window for the top of the machine

for testing these diodes im just stacking the red and ir goggles, ontop of my eyeglasses.

Last edited:

diachi

for testing these diodes im just stacking the red and ir goggles, ontop of my eyeglasses.

Make sure the IR ones are for the *correct* IR wavelength, those CD drive LDs are ~780nm. :beer:

Not really the safest way to do it... Although arguably better than nothing at all.

You should invest in some fit over style glasses when you can. Working with safety glasses onto of your regular glasses is both annoying and less safe. Source: Also unlucky enough to be half blind. :p