Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello People

Benjamax

I'm Benjamin. I install security systems and train dogs.
Found this forum while googling for stuff related to lasers, as I was researching for my own DIY laser build.
It looked so nice that I decided to register before I even browsed for a couple of minutes.
Don't always have as much time as I'd like for this hobby but I'm interested in both lasers and flashlights. Also have a few.

WELCOME BROTHER.
Most of us are dog lovers.. and dogs with jobs are great.
For many thier passing is as difficult to handle as the death of a human. (if not moreso)
hope you know that posting pics is NOT an option.
we want to see your 'students'
while it is NOT in any way manditory we would like to know where you call 'home'.
LEMs are laser meets- these happen world wide.. There is NO WAY that I could have met >100 forum members IN PERSON-thier families and guests who attend these meets (free).

So, since some go on w/ short notice (pop-up LEMs)knowing where you are helps us send out invites.

I will send you a link so you can keep up with LEMs once we can hold them.

Going to just one will make you not want to miss any.
You might even want to host a LEM. I did a 2 months after my 1st SELEM..
Everybody is very welcome-- no need to own a lot of gear.
Everybody wishes that they lasted longer, some are just oneday/night.
SELEM was the best one going-- This year would have been iirc#14'
and nearly 6 days long--(still to short ) we no longer have that venue.
I must warn you--LEMs are every bit as addicting as the lasers.
Some fly from far away & some drive many hours to attend---no regrets.
I am in Texas and only flew one time to my 5 SELEMs and my 1st I drove alone to Newton N.C. abpout 17 hrs each way.
Got a speeding ticket-- I really think it was my Tx plate that got me stopped--FYI I did pay the fine.

If you look at the 'sig' from me any MANY others you will see great links to check out.
We almost worship Dr Sam our laser guru and keeper of the biggest amount of info/data for us to read and study. (& zero ads)
We never add anything to our sigs that is not important.
I bet you are a fan of Caesar Milan (THE dog whisperer)
I tape his shows and can almost always find a show where he helped someone and often see that same problems with the dogs of my friends or with them. -- so I loan them the tape and they can get the info they need to 'fix' their dogs
' I rehab dogs and fix their owners' C. Milan

I was hired to work with a dog trainer-- lasted less than a day-- I wore this HUGE padded suit and the dog was 'put' on me.
If you stop struggling the dog will try to bite you elsewhere. It was summe, r in Florida, and just 10 minutes almost killed me.

Dog trainers are, for sure, special people.

WELCOME to the forum.

hak, ,

Benjamax

Thanks. That's a warm welcome if I ever saw one.
I live in Israel, which probably is pretty far from most of the members or the locations of meetings. But I'd be happy to participate in one if the stars of opportunity aligned.
I've never trained dogs for an aggressive behavior like what you describe. I have trained a few dozen "problematic" family dogs on the side, and did rehabilitation works on a couple of traumatized dogs, works that I'm proud of.
Caesar Milan has indeed been my inspiration. I'm not the type that uses the camera that much, to say the least, not for the dogs or myself. And I can't get too attached to the dogs anyway because the average work is just a couple of weeks. However, I did take pictures of a special case, my longest work, a guide dog that I fostered and trained, taken on the second phase of training, that means after he was matched (it's a process) to a blind recipient by the non-profit organization that breeds them and loans them to the blind. Took the pictures for the family. I think he's majestic.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1
Shalom Ben !!
Welcome to the forum.
I've been to Israel twice back in the mid-'90s.
Wish I could come back for another visit but don't see that happening anytime soon.

Welcome again and enjoy,
RB

:)

Benjamax

Thank you RB. Israel changed significantly since the 90s. "unrecognizable" compared to 25 years ago.
Last I've been to the US was the summer of 2001 in a month long trip, yet I feel like I haven't seen anything.
I'm generally not the traveling type of person, but it's funny how you get the urge to travel now more than ever because of the pandemic and how it restricts travel. We always take what we have for granted and only appreciate it when we lose it. But I don't think I'll ever board an aluminum tube with the recycled breathed air of hundreds of other people again unless there's a safe vaccine. :)

God bless you Ben. You have blessed the dog and the new owner. and yes there may be a LEM close enough for you to attend. I favor Labs and Lab/collie mixes.. great dogs.. ... anyone wanting to help only needs to support Spay/Neuter programs== the shelters have more than enough puppies!! Don't think about the dogs getting 'fixed' instead think about the >14 ,000 dogs put to sleep in Texas---...AND 1.5 million shelter animals are euthanized (670,000 dogs and 860,000 cats).<last year.

I had to quit working at the shelter..tore me up. Thankfully that shelter is now no kill!!--

Last edited: