Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello, OVNI here

OVNI

I'm noo, as in noob. Still figuring out how to navigate the LPF. Just started an interest in lasers a few weeks ago when I went to buy a green one for my cats (who didn't seem interested in red) when the guy said, you want the 5mW or the 50mW. That's all it took. I now own a ~1.3W 520nm, ~5W+ 465nm, and ~1.4W 450nm (not for my cats of course), a Laserbee 3.7W LPM, and a few more ~50mW red/green/blue pen type ones. I have become curious about everything.

Thanks to Laser Chick for the push to post an intro here. It actually took me a few (30 or more actually) minutes to figure out how!?

Hi OVNI :wave:
Welcome to the forum.
Wow, you really jumped in with both feet. You bought that many lasers in just a few weeks?!? Are they all hand held lasers or are any lab lasers? What company did you buy all those lasers from or are they custom built? Do you plan on doing any of your own builds in the future?
Please poke around and see all the great stuff in the world of lasers. Be sure to use the white search bar at the bottom of the page as there is a wealth of information to see here. All the lasers you listed are powerful to very powerful lasers. Please remember to use the proper safety laser goggles for the wavelength of the laser you are using. Enjoy, have fun and most importantly be safe.

Last edited:

OVNI

Thanks for the reply. Yes, bought all within 6-8 week period I'd say. All handheld. The two most powerful I bought from someone who is a member here (although I met him thru eBay). I did buy Eagle's most expensive goggles (OD5) and I use them.

I took a picture last night with the top three in one hand, my phone in the other. That was not easy. Will see if I can put the picture below. Looking forward to learning/owning/maybe building more.

M.aspx

Last edited:

OVNI

Well I'm going to have to work on the picture size ...

Welcome OVNI
It is an exciting time and I as you am completely addicted to the beautiful and powerful beams of visible energy.
There is a lot of good information here and we all try to stay up to date on the latest laser related news.
I'm still learning all the time here and I hope you enjoy and gain from the community as well.
I recently discovered the LPF search button up top that gives results more specifically related to this site and it's years of content, there really is a lot of great information here.

Also you may notice when you're logged in that the today's post tab changes to New posts, but if you use the Quick Links tab you can find Todays posts there without logging out.
There are a lot of tricks to learn but you will, it's a good idea to read the Rules & Stickies, they give you a pretty good basic overview.
You can get to the main menu by clicking the big LPF logo up top any time.
Enjoy. :)

Last edited:

OVNI

Thanks for the warm welcome RedCowboy. Search buttons have been my friend for a long time and are continually overwriting my memories using a card catalog.

I like your avatar. I don't have one, at least yet. Are they wormhole donuts?

I like your avatar. I don't have one, at least yet. Are they wormhole donuts?

That would be cool, but no they are just patterns I made with a home made laser spirograph, they're lots of fun and if you add a 4th spinning mirror you can get all kinds of wild expanding/contracting patterns.

Have you seen the holograms they have in Dubai?

This one is really neat because of how it works, if it looks this vivid in video I can only imagine how incredible it would look in person.

Last edited:

GSS

OVNI really nice welcome and really nice pics double Welcome:):)

Davidx

Welcome to the forum. Wow, that's a lot of cool lasers you've acquired in just a couple weeks.
Smart getting a LPM too.
For your already very good beam photos you might want to get a couple tripods. more safe then holding them and your camera together
Glad to see you here.

I'm noo, as in noob. Still figuring out how to navigate the LPF. Just started an interest in lasers a few weeks ago when I went to buy a green one for my cats (who didn't seem interested in red) when the guy said, you want the 5mW or the 50mW. That's all it took. I now own a ~1.3W 520nm, ~5W+ 465nm, and ~1.4W 450nm (not for my cats of course), a Laserbee 3.7W LPM, and a few more ~50mW red/green/blue pen type ones. I have become curious about everything.

Thanks to Laser Chick for the push to post an intro here. It actually took me a few (30 or more actually) minutes to figure out how!?

Welcome, my friend! Glad you're happy with the lasers! I miss the NUBM07E. I'm going to have to build another. Lol. You've come to the right place. Lots of great people here to learn from. As always, email/text if you need anything! :D